1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I mock in depression

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by tm1119, Dec 31, 2012.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,583 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    I'm going to fight off the urge and not do a, trade Romo and draft a 1st round QB, mock.....

1st Round- Chance Warmack OG Alabama- Struggled with this 1....Not that I don't love Warmack, but because I wanted to go defense in the 1st round. Unfortunately I just don't see anybody worth drafting at #18 on that side of the ball. Warmack is the most proven and probably the player with the lowest risk at a position of need. Its the most logical pick, which means it won't happen.

2nd Round- Shariff Floyd DT Florida- Injuries or not the defensive line got embarrassed last night. Its obvious more talent is needed on the line. Floyd was the highest rated DT out of high school and has been a very productive player for florida for the past 2 years. Played 4-3 DE his JR year so he has the quickness to get after the passer despite being 6'3 305.

3rd Round- Tony Jefferson FS Oklahoma- Jefferson is an athletic playmaker as a FS who isn't afraid to cover or blitz. He was the CF'er for the Oklahoma defense and is praised for his high football IQ. The only thing holding him back from being a 2nd round pick is his lack of ideal height at 5'11, but hes a great value for a team like us in the 3rd

4th Round- Brandon Williams Missouri Southern State- 6'2 330 and can play all over the line. Absolutely dominated d2 competition. Also has a good head on his shoulders and extremely hard working. One of my favorite prospects in this draft.

5th Round- Knile Davis RB Arkansas- His college career and draft stock have taken a hit because of injuries and various other things but I still think he has a rare size and speed combo. Never quite lived up to the hype, but a guy who 6' 220 with 4.4 speed is always worth giving a shot.

6th Round- Mario Benavides C Louisville - Long time starter who has a good amount of success in the big east. A little under sized but hes a smart kid with a lot of playing experience so he's worth a shot to let him and compete with whoever else we have at C.
  2. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Well-Known Member

1,006 Messages
    433 Likes Received
    Keep fighting the urge! :D

I could live with this draft. Love Tony Jefferson's all-around game and I'm done with Sensabaugh's weak play. Our safety situation is a real crapfest and there are too many upgrades available in free agency and the draft to accept it in 2013.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,360 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    I like the picks, especially #1 and #3. I like Jefferson a lot
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

15,207 Messages
    1,741 Likes Received
    Good mock. You forgot a QB.
  5. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    where would you draft a QB and for what, to be another McGhee. We have Romo who is going to be extended and Orton for atleast two more years. Drafting a QB to be #3 and passing on players that are just as good but will see the field and help now would be the wrong move.
  6. supercowboy8

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    I like the picks but who plays RT?
  7. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,583 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    Too much $ invested into what we have there now. Not saying I agree, I just don't see anything changing there. Not sure if it can be a long term solution, but there has been a huge improvement at the position since the rotation started. My focus is and has been on the interior of the line. If we improve that i really think the entire offense will look a lot better.
  8. supercowboy8

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    wheres the money invested at. We can release Free as a June 1st cap hit and save money.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

15,207 Messages
    1,741 Likes Received
    Extend Romo so they can continue to under achieve? Orton is a bum when he plays for any length of time. Time to move on. You need to give up on Romo is the guy, cause he isnt.
  10. supercowboy8

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    and you need to give up on hating him or just go get another team. Romo will get extended. Its funny that you think some QB can come in and take over day one over Romo and be better. Especially in one of the worse QB drafts in a decade.

Sorry but Romo and Orton is better than any QB in this draft right now.
    So get used to seeing romo, he will be extended soon, like it or not.

Also I don't understand why Romo is the reason this team underachieves. We went 8-8 which most people said we would before the season. Thats not underachieving. Also with all these injuries and this sad OL, I think Romo played as a top 10 QB which he is.
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

15,207 Messages
    1,741 Likes Received
    I dont want to waste two or three more years on Romo is the answer when he clearly isnt. Look at my posts I have backed this guy up till now.
  12. supercowboy8

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    So you want a bad QB that couldn't even hang with Romo on a bad day.

Who do you want dallas to draft?
    What QB in this draft do you really think could come in here and take this team to the playoffs next year?
    What QB could be better with this OL, and all the injuries on defense and these safties?

I wouldn't mind drafting a QB, its just that I don't like any QB in this draft enough to pass on better players at position of need.
  13. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

15,207 Messages
    1,741 Likes Received
    My argument is that they are stuck at 8-8 with this QB and HC for the forseeable future. Sean Payton would have changed my mind. The team may have to get worse before it gets better, because the right changes arent going to get made. Romo is 500 QB and Garrett is 500 HC, they prove it year after year.
  14. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,583 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    I think what he's trying to say is just because he's better than we have now doesn't mean you go extending him. 1 playoff win in 6 years just doesn't cut it. Doesn't cut it anywhere or in any situation. You absolutely can not reward a QB with a big extension after the year Romo and the team had.
  15. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,478 Messages
    800 Likes Received
    U mock well depressed my friend.

I like it a lot.

Knile Davis pick is especially good.
  16. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,163 Messages
    363 Likes Received
    I like it. Nice work.
  17. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,925 Messages
    2,086 Likes Received
    Me too.

Is Williams projected to go in the 4th? I thought that was early for him.

I wouldn't mind getting someone like Barner in the 4th and then going Williams later though.
  18. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,583 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    I put Williams in the 4th mainly because I think thats were he ends up. Theres a lack of NT's in the draft for 1, and he is expected to surprise at the combine. I read an article where Williams himself said he fully expects to run a sub 5 40. Only time will tell, but I honestly don't see him getting to the 5th.
  19. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,925 Messages
    2,086 Likes Received
    Fair enough :laugh2:

In this scenario, it'd be interesting to see what the DLine looks like. While I doubt it would happen, it wouldn't be impossible to start two rookies and Crawford, a 2nd year man, if he makes some progress this offseason.