1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I noticed that the majority of the "big games" were on the road

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by KC10Sooner, Jan 1, 2013.

1. KC10Sooner

KC10Sooner Member

117 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    As I was watching the sports media outlets crucify Romo about his big game flops, I noticed that the majority of the "big games" were on the road.
    The lone exception being the Giants game in the divisional game. And I don't blame that game on tony anyway. Hello Crayton...
    And the eagles game in 09.

Anyway. I went back and did some research.

The Cowboys have only had 4 home games to end the season in the LAST 15 years. ***? And only 1 in the last 5 seasons. Oh, yup, they beat the iggles and made the playoffs that year.

I'm not making any excuses for Tony or the team, but the deck seems to always be stacked against them in those win or go home games.

I guess I'd be ok, if we got home games to open the season, but the NFL seems to be against that too as of late.
  2. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 New Member

1,453 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Still no excuses. We aren't necessarily that good at home anyways. I mean, our crowd is no "12th Man"
  3. Fmart322

Fmart322 Active Member

908 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    The reason we always seem to start and end on the road could be because of the thanksgiving game? Maybe people in the NFL scheduling department feel that's unfair, so on the road we go.
  4. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    You can make a lot of excuses for Romo... But i dont think this is one.
  5. KC10Sooner

KC10Sooner Member

117 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Maybe, but half the league plays a Thursday night game now.

I'm beginning to think there's more too it. I wonder if the Jones family has pissed off the league offices and this is a subtle way to get back at them.

Detroit opened at home this year too.
  6. phildominator

phildominator Member

667 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Every team plays 8 road and 8 home games.

Washington opened the season with 3/4 road games and closed the season with 2/3 road games.

Is that unfair?

Washington still beat our *** in Dallas on a short week.
  7. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,251 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Sounds like an excuse.
  8. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,359 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Guess we better wrap up a playoff spot by Week 15 then.

Home or road, everyone gets the same number, and it's our job to get this %@#$ done.
  9. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,303 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Road teams almost never win these games... it's not an excuse, it's a fact. The Cowboys need to put themselves in better situations to not have to depend on winning them. While the game itself is very playoff like and I don't have a problem with people counting it as an elimination game, in fact it is not a playoff game, it's a regular season game. And the Cowboys did not win enough of them.

The Cowboys had a 5 game in 7 home stretch that most teams would kill for... plus, they had a home game before the Thanksgiving game, another advantage. They are never, ever going to break through if they have to beat a superior division rival on the road in week 17 that needs to win just as bad as they do. Never.
  10. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,104 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    With the exception of finishing at home against the Eagles in 2009, I do find it unfair that we open & finish on the road every season it seems.. Just another hurdle they have to get over, the team still has to do what it takes to get the job done wherever they play
  11. dstone2962

dstone2962 Member

80 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Don't know what people expect. When you go 3-5 to start a season, you're generally not winning a Super Bowl.
  12. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

231 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I don't know what to make of the scheduling. In Seattle's case, I find it odd that they get all three division games in December and all were at home in Seattle.

The fact still stands, take care of business at home and win a couple on the road and in the NFC East that has been enough to win the division in recent years.

Until the Cowboys get a home field advantage they will find themselves in these "do or die" week 17 games.