1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I really enjoy Troy Aikman's commentary

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Unfortunately I never got the privilege of seeing Troy Aikman play during his prime and I really wish I did, but I have to say I really enjoy his commentary. Alot of people think he tries too hard to not be a Cowboys homer, but I don't agree with that idea at all. I just think Troy is someone who is really unbiased and fair so to speak. As a football fan you don't want to have commentators who are biased towards their former team and Aikman isn't.

He's just a guy who is extremely knowledgable about the game of football. I was re-watching the Cowboys/Eagles game and Joe made a joke about how Troy was being all technical when he was talking about the pass protection for the two quarterbacks, but I really like that he actually knows what he's talking about. It's always great to hear the perspective from a guy who actually played the game of football during arguably the toughest era in NFL history. Troy is definitely my favorite commentator.
  2. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,890 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    Duck. Everyone knows Troy is a Cowboys Hater and a secret Eagles fan. Didn't you hear him gushing over Nick Foles? :laugh2:
  3. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,310 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Troy's fine. I find myself wishing at times that he'd show a little more love to his former team, but I get that he's overcompensating. He's very knowledgeable, but I have to say, his sidekick (Buck) is annoying as can be!!
  4. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,218 Messages
    614 Likes Received
    Troy's my #2 behind Moose.
  5. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,711 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    Aikman was the first on his block to buy a Nick Foles jersey.
  6. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,454 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    I actually grew up watching troy and it was great to see.Very smart football player and had heart. That's why its so frustrating these last 15+ years.
  7. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,384 Messages
    799 Likes Received
    Troy can say whatever he wants. He's earned it.
  8. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,373 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    He was gushing over Kevin Kolb a few years ago when he had a couple of good games for Philly which prompted a FAN to claim Troy had abandoned the Cowboys.
  9. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,162 Messages
    1,793 Likes Received
    this ^^

for those of us who watched troy lift this franchise to great heights and now have to live through the mediocre team it has become, troy is OK in my book
  10. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,101 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I'm not a big Troy fan--in fact, I don't really like any of the present announcers/analysts--bring me the old days when they told you what you needed to know and then shut up.
  11. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,148 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    Troy was my hero growing up in the '90s and every time I see him or hear him talk, I'm reminded of the glory days. Same reason I enjoy seeing all the other ex-Cowboys on TV as well, including Deion. And I agree with the OP that Troy's excellent at his job and is truly unbiased.
  12. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,270 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    Excellent observation. I love hearing what Troy has to say too. He brings the real talk.
  13. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,603 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    Pretty much..
  14. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Toughest era? Go back and watch footage from the 40's and 50's. Those were some tough SOB's.
  15. IheartRomo

IheartRomo Member

512 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    LOL @ the 90's being the toughest era. That's hilarious.
  16. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,798 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    I can't stand Troy and Buck calling Cowboys games. I think he just can't get over the fact that he was done and rightfully discarded at the end of his career.
  17. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I love them both. They are as knowledgeable as you can get to analyze the game. I can also tolerate Buck better than some I guess. I'm usually paying more attention to the game than I am the commentators.
  18. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I like Troy but not Joe Buck. Joe Buck is an ***.
  19. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,270 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    Word.
  20. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,019 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    Loved Troy as a player. I just feel that he tries too hard not to be unbiased towards the Cowboys and seems to bash them more so than not. I couldn't stand his constant fawning over Nick Foles. When Romo was started playing I don't think he said much about Romo and instead found little things to nitpick about the Cowboys.