1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I see old Rudy is in deep doo doo

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by CanadianCowboysFan, Dec 10, 2007.

1. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,515 Messages
    391 Likes Received
    I saw something on MSNBC this morning about some flak he his taking for getting NYC security to protect his bit on the side while he was mayor.

Could be worse I guess, he could have used tax money to buy her gifts.
  2. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm surprised he's getting "swift-boated" so early. I figured the media would wait for him to get the nomination and then torpedo him.

If they keep this up, then Huckabee is going to end up winning this thing.
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,630 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received
    I have been telling everyone for over a year that Huckabee is going to win by default. The name guys would all get knocked down and then Hucks would just be left standing. It is not about him not being qualified or anything like that. He is just so unassuming while the other guys garner all the attention. With that attention comes criticism and negative attacks. Huckabee is just not in position to get that negative aspect. Well, at least not yet.
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,022 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    I hope so ..... I really like Huckabee
  5. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I met him when he was running for Gov of Ar back in the early 95. He was seriously overweight, yet still slick--some would say smooth, I suppose. He was easily elected as he reminded ppl of another man from Hope. Many of his supporters soured on him when they discovered he had some curious positions for a Rep.

I'd be surprised to see him sustain his current momentum...no one has really attacked him yet. Oddly enough, I don't think his support will be strong in the South when all is said and done.
  6. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    You may want to rethink that....I really like him as well. :p:
  7. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    Me too so take that!!!!

hahahaha!

He is a centrist, like Hillary:)
  8. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Uh oh!:eek:
  9. heavyg

heavyg Active Member

1,800 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Showing my ignorance here........but what is a centrist?
  10. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Middle-of-the-road.

Moderate.

In some cases, like Huckabee, it means that they have some views that are conservative and some that are liberal (rather than taking the middle road on all issues).
  11. heavyg

heavyg Active Member

1,800 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    AAAAHH Thank you. Im begining to like Huckabee. I am with him on his social issues.....I like his idea of doing away with the IRS. But not sure about this fair tax thing. Im more in line with a flat tax. Of course none of the three I just mentioned will ever happen :-(
  12. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    It doesn't surprise me.
    I bet Hillary is behind a lot of it.

The Repubs are attacking her already and I bet she is helping derail the most moderate/nameworthy Repub.

I do think Huckabee wins the Repub Nomination now.
    Likable goes a long way and repubs were desperate for anyone to step up as less than a complete suck.

If Obama were Republican he'd be a shoo-in.
  13. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,940 Messages
    304 Likes Received
    I would not mind Huckabee as president.
  14. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,515 Messages
    391 Likes Received
    JT, do you think Republicans would ever vote for a black man for President? Hel, I don't think Democrats will so I have no reason to think the Republicans would.
  15. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I definitely think Republicans would vote for a minority candidate who shared their values.

There are certainly racists in both parties who wouldn't, but I think those people are a very small percentage.

Republicans have voted for black, Asian, Hispanic candidates for Senate, Governor, town council and everything in-between. Provided the right person was running for President, I see no reason why they wouldn't get the support of the party and the voters.

In fact, I think looking 4-8 years in the future, two of my favorite Republican rising stars are both minorities, and I think either could conceivably be a strong nominee. They are Michael Steele of Maryland (black) and Bobby Jindal of Louisiana (Indian).
  16. heavyg

heavyg Active Member

1,800 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Im as right wing as the come. And if the right minority (Colin Powell) ran for President as a rep I wouldn't hesitate to vote for him or her
  17. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Absolutely agree. As a matter of fact there are several minority candidates I WISH would run. I like guys like Allan Keys, (he's already run but didn't do so well but I like him), J.C. Watts, I would even love to Condi Rice run but I would like some clarifications on some social issues. Also, I do think that maybe Bobby Jindal from LA may have a future in national politics as well.

It's also interesting to point out that while many people think that the Democratic party is the Minorities best friend, they fail to remember that it was the Republican party that pushed through and passed the Civil Rights Amendment. Further, the Republican party has the best plan to help everyone, regardless of race, to advance in society. It's called hard work, not hand outs.