1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I sense a change is coming...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 5Stars, Feb 17, 2013.

1. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,493 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    :signmast:
  2. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,809 Messages
    1,869 Likes Received
    Not as many years as you but until I see it on the field I feel the same way.
  3. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,329 Messages
    832 Likes Received

Ah the good ole "Everything wrong with the world is Jerry's fault" post. Never gets old
  4. Jerryrage

Jerryrage Active Member

414 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    It almost makes you wonder if a player in the NFL today with free agency, salary cap and concussions really care if they make it into the playoffs anymore.
  5. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,493 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    unfortunately as long as front office is intact...its going to be more of the same. I think alot of people where pinning their hopes on cowboys maybe 'catching lightening in bottle' but that theory has proven to be unrealistic. You have to create your good fortunes by making smart, consistent decisions.
  6. Trajan

Trajan Active Member

693 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    No change is coming, sorry to spoil the movies ending, but it isn't going to be pretty until Garrett & Family get canned, and a real coach is here. Sorry !
  7. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,807 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    I have great optimism for the defense... But I think the offense will remain the same. I for see us ignoring the oline again and paying for it
  8. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    There is no if he has an ego. Everything I heard on sports radio was he has huge ego.
  9. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,533 Messages
    607 Likes Received
    pray tell, what is the one common denominator throughout this whole period of sucktitude and mediocrity? I'll give you a hint, it isn't the QB(s) or the coach(es)
  10. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,892 Messages
    2,031 Likes Received
    There has been no more crabby, moody, curmudgeony fan than me for the past 5+ years about this diseased-ridden clown-act of a football organization.

But I've been optimistic for about two years now, and I think 2013 has some very nice things in store for us. Ignore the media; they are the most clueless among us these days. Today's reporters are lazier than they've ever been. Not an original thought among them.

The roster is now a collection of RKGs who can handle Jerry's spurts of dementia and his over-meddling ways. This ain't Tank, Pacman, TO, Roy OU, Roy UT....with pudgy Wade riding herd over them.

Gone are the old has-beens, thanks to Garrett.

The Cowboys have a collection of very young and very good players. Now, they have to address the glaring needs of offensive line, and defensive if possible. This Corvette can't run without motor oil.

I love that they've switched to the the 4-3 as well and replaced the sloppy Ryan with TWO defensive coordinators.

Things are coming together.
  11. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,329 Messages
    832 Likes Received

You're right because Jerry tells the corner,wr's and qb's how to play...when to get burnt,when to drop passes, and throw ints ect...

Yeah because Jerry never takes a coaches advice, just signs anybody and everybody that he wants, he goes and watches espn highlights like most do here, and gains his knowledge of players that way.
  12. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    For years posters have been complaining that one of the best ways to improve a team in a slalary-cap league structure is to improve the coaching, since that is not tied to the cap.

The team has done just that and this place is still complaiing. Rediculous!

I agree with the OP. This team has been on the right track and is continuing in that upward direction.

I believe this team WILL "break thruogh" in 2013 and be a real force, and I base that in the positive changes I've seen so far and the player upgrades that are coming, especially to hte OL, and the re-signing of Spencer which I belive will happen.
  13. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,825 Messages
    1,767 Likes Received
    Garrett says all the right things, but the proof is in the pudding. This is his last year if we don't get a playoff win.
  14. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    If quality of interviews is an indicator of future success it's a wonder Cricket Anderson and Lawrence Vickers were such disappointments here.
  15. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,459 Messages
    2,071 Likes Received
    you could well be right and i hope that you are
  16. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,464 Messages
    398 Likes Received

No bout adoubt it, stoopid is as stupid DOES.
  17. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,157 Messages
    1,922 Likes Received
    I do not know what the future will bring.

But this I do know. Too many times people have made predictions, or had feelings, or contacted their Ouija boards and come away with this next season will be different.

I hope it will be different, as well.

But your comment about people or this specific person degrading the team or anyone who professes good time being just around the corner ignores both the end results and the people who have been expressing doubts during those lean times.

There are people so quick to label those who are in a wait and see mode as negative.

I think my stance is show me.

Show me these coaches will change the players who have under achieved for far too long.

Don't give me a laundry list of excuses why they didn't achieve before. That is merely your opinion.

Show me.

And I don't give a rat's butt if that hair lips the governor, I am not budging off this until this team turns a corner and is not a flash in the pan.

So perhaps the negative you see is people tired of the same ole same ole and are just saying it emphatically...

Show Me
  18. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Common denominator.
  19. Angus12

Angus12 Active Member

123 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    The way a coach and the way a player give an interview are two entirely different things. I think you know this, but for some reason are giving this veiled response trying to stir something up. What is the point of that?
  20. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Why ask the question when the answer was already in my response?

Giving good interviews where you stay on message isn't an indicator of anything, unless the NFL moves to some sort of non-win-based point system wherein we receive bonuses for our coaches "giving good interviews". That is the entire premise of this thread - sensing something good is coming based on interviews. Hooray all our coaches are well-spoken. Maybe if this NFL thing doesn't work out they can form a debate team and tour the nation.