1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I think Romo is going to retire

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by gimmesix, Nov 23, 2012.

1. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,945 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    Sooner or later we are going to have to play without him. If he doesn't want to be here, he knows where the door is.
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    show me evidence that Jerruh really is willing to use multiple high picks on the O line in one draft. You claim they will- I see no evidence
  3. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    talk about someone not living in the real world
  4. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    It would not surprise me

personally if I was Tony I would make it clear that until Jerruh shows that he is going to really rebuild the O line this year no extension
  5. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

35,883 Messages
    3,029 Likes Received
    [youtube]zANvYB93u2g[/youtube]
  6. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,645 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    This is my thought also. Free agency might offer a golden opportunity and if the price is right, why not take it. There isn't much future in Dallas for him, and there are too many holes to fill to achieve a fast turnaround. He could even command a backup role for a million bucks a year.
  7. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,815 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    Maybe Madden got it right. He usually retires following the 2013 season.
  8. dhaber

dhaber Member

55 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I certainly wouldn't blame him if he did retire but I doubt he will. I think that this year as injury after injury has piled up, he decided that if this team is going to win, he has to do it all by himself. That means more interceptions and more questionable decisions due to the fact that his receivers and him don't have a feel for each other as much as Romo would like. He has no running game to help take the pressure off and he has a sub-par offensive line to block. He is lucky to be standing at this point in the season. Just think if we had someone back there that couldn't move as well as Tony can. How many games do you think we'd win? This is a team thing not a Romo thing and it's going to take a while to get it all fixed.
  9. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Active Member

924 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    I think Romo moves on at the end of his contract, signing with Arizona or San Francisco, probably the latter. Some may say no way, but Alex Smith is a good, but not great, QB. I think the 49ers see Romo's greatness and want the upgrade. Remember, they aggressively went after Peyton Manning.

Romo will get a Super Bowl ring ... with the 49ers.

And I will gag when I see him in a 49er uniform.
  10. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,937 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    I pray he goes, and leaves us high and dry.

We dont deserve him period
  11. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,601 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    This. He's not going to retire. He's probably just looking forward to his new team.
  12. SDCowboy85

14,601 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    Why are more people not talking about the much higher chance of WARE retiring. The guy is in the same family situation as Tony but he has been completely plagued with neck issues.
  13. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,243 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    I would be totally shocked to see Romo retire while most of his NFL brethren and those who report on the NFL still view him as a crazy mistake prone underachiever. Other teams actually say they play conservatively waiting for Romo to turn the ball over.

Might be smart to take the money and run, but if he actually has any competitor in him, there's no way he retires with no respect from anyone except his loyal fans in Dallas.
  14. CowboyManDan

CowboyManDan Well-Known Member

1,510 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Well, I think plenty still play, but rarely to the level of before children. Simply because it's a life changing event more important than football and/or your job.
  15. SDCowboy85

14,601 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    Wow, this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here.
  16. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

1,125 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Agreed, he's not going to retire while he's regarded as one of the most overrated players by his peers. However, he may need to leave Dallas to escape that label, if for no other reason, than the hype this team receives.
  17. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,047 Messages
    614 Likes Received
    This is not the Tony Romo of years past and something just doesn't seem right. His accuracy is off and his passes tend to float. He never had a strong arm but he always had a quick release with a lot of zip. People who claim he was never accurate with the deep ball need only remember how many times Romo and TO hooked up on bombs. But I just don't see that "zip" this year. I mentioned in another thread that the reports out of camp was that he was throwing lasers but I'm just not seeing it.

There was a time not all that long ago where I thought the guy was a top 5, pro bowl caliber QB. Right now I'm wondering if age is starting to catch up with him and he doesn't have the physical skills he had just a couple of years ago.

Even if he has declined, he's still our best hope for a winning season and I dread the day he's no longer here so I'm not flaming the guy.
  18. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,815 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    Kaepernick is looking like their new franchise guy.
  19. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,295 Messages
    6,250 Likes Received
    Cool fairy tale.

Never happen.
  20. SDCowboy85

14,601 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    lol..