1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I Wanna Go Mach 2

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,073 Messages
    3,026 Likes Received
    Time to put the thinking cap on again. My pet cat Patrick Peterson is gone. The guy I think the Cowboys are going to target Tyron Smith dazzles at his Pro Day and is gone too.

What now?

Without a doubt, trade down. Someone is going to want one of those QBs before Washington at #10. I think it will be Miami at #15. We get #15 and Miami's pick #79 in the 3rd.

#15. Nate Solder, OT, Colorado, 6'8", 320. So long Colombo. Thank you for the great attitude and enforcer persona you supplied until you lost your legs. Hello to a new monster at RT. The run game is instantly helped. Tony Romo doesn't have to run for his life as much.

#40. Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State, 6'6", 290. He doesn't have the reputation that some of the other 3-4 DEs do right now, but at the Senior Bowl he was a monster. A good fit for an aggressive coach like Baker.

#71. Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina, 6'2", 205. We have to fix the D-backfield. Here is a true Safety with good coverage skills and can deliver a hit if needed. If he had not had a drama filled 2010 he would be a top 15 pick. Lets benefit from that.

#79. Mason Foster, ILB, Washington, 6'1", 240. This guy is currently a 4-3 OLB, but he can cover sideline to sideline against anyone and that says ILB to me. A perfect complement to Sean Lee who is a starter in 2011. He takes over for Bradie James when the time comes and this guy can cover in the Nickel.

#109. John Moffitt, OG Wisconsin, 6'4", 320. I'd start Montrae Holland and get rid of Davis. But if Moffitt can outplay Holland, I'd start 2 rookies on the right side of the OL. Bottom line, we need nasty on the OL and we haven't had much of it.

#140. Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh, 6'2", 260.
    I think we've got to have better blitz pickup and lead blocking. I was pleasantly surprised by Gronkowski at times and horrified at him a couple of times too. I will not accept a team that cannot blow the opposition off the ball in short yardage. That is why FB is still relevant in the NFL and we do not have one.

#171. Noel Devine, RB/KR/PR, West Virginia, 5'7", 160. I do not want to use Dez Bryant as a Punt Returner except occasionally. He's just too valuable. But I have no compunctions at all in putting a guy back there who is fast, elusive, and explosive. I think Barber is gone and we need a 3rd string RB. Devine could be a 3rd down weapon. The move fits.

#209. Greg McElroy, QB, Alabama, 6'2", 220. Forget all the talk of a QB in round 1. That is not going to happen. But I can see us taking a QB to try and develop and I think like Tony Romo they want smart, and accurate. Here's the guy.

As always, your thoughts are welcome.
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,474 Messages
    839 Likes Received
    you better duck lol
  3. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,427 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Love it except for Solder but only because I have my mind set on DL or CB in the first, cause I'm stuborn.
  4. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

2,075 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Solder is nowhere near ready to start. He looks like a fool during tape and drills, unless you're seeing something that I'm not.
  5. mwj473

mwj473 Member

628 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With the day that Julio Jones had today, I could see someone like the Patriots trying to get in front of the Skins before they take him. Moss is headed to FA, so they will also need a WR as well as a QB.

Not sure what we could get from the Pats to slide down to 17, but I could see that happen with the amount of picks they have in the draft.
  6. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

2,075 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Hate to break it to you...but...Moss left NE quite a while ago.

EDIT: Erm. Sorry. I am stupid. I realized you were talking about the Redskins. My bad.
  7. mwj473

mwj473 Member

628 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No problem!!

R. Moss was not even in my thought process, was only thinking S. Moss.

Can understand how that could have been confusing.
  8. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I really don't see Moffitt dropping that much

I think he goes in the 2nd

and no CB ?

and don't why your like those little guys ? Devine

give me Shorts over Devine all day
  9. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,985 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    +1..........
  10. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I would ask for 17 and 33. I do not know what the total points will be but I am very greedy if we are trading down 8 spots.
  11. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Tell me two weeks ago that Tyron Smith would be off the board before 9 and I would of called you crazy but now I'm thinking by the time the draft rolls around it will be common knowledge if you want Smith you better get him before 9.
  12. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,518 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    I hope not I want either PP, T.Smith, R.Quinn, or C.Jordan at 9 in that order
  13. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

I think you will be fine on draft day either way if that's your 4. I'm pretty confident we will walk away with one of those 4.
  14. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    You're getting me depressed. I hope T Smith is still there at 9. I think with Smith and Free we could be set at the OT position for a long time.

I guess if Smith isn't there, maybe Dareus or Quinn slip?
  15. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Where do I sign? Every player is a great pick at the slot, in an area of need no less. Hynoski is the man. Bravo sir!
  16. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think we end up taking Marcell Dareus when it is all said and done.

Spears, Rat, Dareus start.

Hatcher gone and Igor becomes a backup.

That's a serious upgrade on two levels.

As far as RB goes I think we need a thumper/short-yardage type when we cut Barber.
  17. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    Gotcha thinking Hos;) I would be fine with this draft...I dont believe we would start 2 rookies next to each other...I could see resigning Kosier and moving him to the right side
  18. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,831 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    Solder did not look good at all in the drills. Athlete more than player. He needs work and coaching.
    No way Moffitt lasts that long either.
  19. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,851 Messages
    2,335 Likes Received
    beautiful draft with a couple of caveats:

1. i dont htink smith will go before 9 so we will have a choice to make, if we think smith is that much better and a future franchise LT, then we dotn trade down and take him there. if we think that solder/sherrod/carimi are pretty close, then i am Ok with trade down.

2. if we dont trade down, i would be willing to live without mason foster, all other picks i am happy to sign up for.
  20. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Moffitt, but I don't think too many teams are looking for 5.55 offensive linemen.