1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

i watched the 95 thanksgiving

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by lane, Jan 20, 2006.

1. lane

lane The Chairman

10,874 Messages
    779 Likes Received
    game against the kc chiefs on dvd tonight..

anyone remember this one?

great game..

jay novacek hurdled over a db for a td............sweet!!
  2. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I've been watching alot of old games....back to 1970...I guess it's our off season fix...
  3. lane

lane The Chairman

10,874 Messages
    779 Likes Received
    anyone want to buy some good dallas dvd's let me know.

i got a good connection.
  4. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Yawp.

Aint life sweet....

You know what scares me the most about our Post Season woes?

What if we become like the Cubs and Red Sox (of course they won it last year), where we dont win a title for a real long time?

Of course when im like 90 years old, we win the thing, and I would be like that one guy from Boston, where he said he could finally die in peace :cool: .

- Mike G.
  5. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,095 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    That was awesome.

Am I the only one that remembers Jay Novacek putting a good lick on Ronnie Lott when he played for the Raiders?

Jay was running down the sideline and just as Ronnie came head on towards Jay, Jay lowered his shoulder and knocked him flat on the ground.
  6. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I remember Irvin hotdogging on a TD, and a Chiefs receiver mimicing him when he scored.
  7. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I remember how, for some reason, all the media pundits were picking KC that week.

The game wasnt as close as the score showed, either
  8. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,295 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    It was a pretty close game actually. I remember the Chiefs were driving relatively late in the game and could have tied or taken the lead, but they forced a fumble and Lett almost took it to the house.
  9. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,657 Messages
    973 Likes Received
    I have always associated THAT HURDLE with any memory of Jay on the Dallas Cowboys.
    Thanks. I had forgotten what game that was...:star:
  10. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,657 Messages
    973 Likes Received
    Didnt Charles Haley want to lay a licken on Ronnie Lott after CH got his 5th ring...? LOL
  11. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,525 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    Stop living in the past.
  12. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

Didn't you say that yesterday too? :D
  13. Big Country

Big Country Rolling Thunder

3,716 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    1995... Oh the memories! That was the last time Dallas had a dominant center on the O-Line... Ray Donaldson was the biggest reason that Emmitt ran for 1700+ yards that season... Ray broke his lower leg in that game and our O-line went in a downward spiral from there...

Further proof that the center position for 2006-2007 needs an upgrade... Jeff Mitchell in UFA, anyone, anyone? Gimme someone... Al Johnson is a pulling athletic type of center playing in a power running game... send Al Johnson to Green Bay, Denver, or Atlanta for a pick... I really think Al could do a better job elsewhere...
  14. br4822

br4822 Member

65 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    that would be cool i want to get my dad the 1970's divisional game against the skins that knocked the skins out of the playoffs altogether when they knocked out Rodger. =/ but yea just let me kno, thanx in advance lane.
  15. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,117 Messages
    2,683 Likes Received
    Yes, I remember that. I remember thinking that Ronnies days were numbered in Jay was doing that to him.
  16. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,546 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I also remember a lot of people picking the Chiefs to win.
    I also remember some of the Chief players talking smack AFTER the game saying that they should've won and crap. I was confused by them thinking they were better than us, even after we beat them.
  17. lane

lane The Chairman

10,874 Messages
    779 Likes Received
    i liked when tony tolbert absolutely killed steve bono...which resulted in a fumble that darrin smith picks up and takes it like 65 yards down to the 8 yard line or so.....loved it!!!

kinda reminded me of the fujita and spears tag team this year!!:)