1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I would bring back Adrian Hamilton if he is cut

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Galian Beast, Aug 21, 2013.

1. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,207 Messages
    2,802 Likes Received
    Wow, that really is some eye popping numbers. Athlete indeed.

Tom Jones should be putting up a thread inducting him into the hall of fame any day now...
  2. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,505 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Adrian Hamilton is a NFL 4/3 DE before he is an NFL 3/4 OLB, .....jus sayin'.
  3. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,226 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    You must be new here.............:D
  4. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,977 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    why do you think he would start over who we have here today? ware is a terror on his side. why move him to the strong side where he has to fight double teams with TEs and RT? why would ravens reject be better than what we have?. why wouldn't George Selvie be better than hamilton? don't we already have Wilbur who has shown he can be a good back up to ware....

I think you way way over rate hamilton. you are in love with the thought, fantasy of him having been a terror in DivIII....
  5. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,226 Messages
    1,437 Likes Received
    Neither Wilber nor Selvie has convinced me of that. I think that Hamilton gives you a pass rush talent that neither of those two possess. I think we released him because he didn't have all the tools coming out of such a small school necessary to play as a linebacker. I think in the 4-3, he is undersized, which isn't as much of a problem in the Tampa 2.
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,743 Messages
    5,903 Likes Received
    Gibson's numbers are the most impressive to me. He also looked really quick in the Cardinals game and was good against the run in the plays that I remember.

His 10 Yard time is very good and he put up a surprising number of reps on the bench for a player his size.

Thaddeus Gibson
    Height: 6020
    Weight: 243
    40 Yrd Dash: 4.58
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.67
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.53
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 32

Vertical Jump: 32
    Broad Jump: 09'07"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.27
    3-Cone Drill: 6.84
  7. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,977 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    but if the ravens cut him. which means he is minimally 10th on their depth chart. what makes the ravens 10th best LB better pass rusher than wilbur and selvie? what are you basing your assessment on? we cut him because he didn't have the skills, recognition ability and playing ability compared to everybody else on the roster.

sorry, I disagree. I think wilbur is better than him now. and wilbur played in big college program. against top level competition. somebody else's trash ain't our gold because this is not campo years any more.
  8. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,768 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    One of my favorite phenomenons on football message boards is the fascination with certain guys like hamilton and justin beriault
  9. Galian Beast

9,226 Messages
    1,437 Likes Received
    As I've said before Hamilton is not a linebacker. He is a defensive end. And being the 9th or 10th linebacker on the ravens, has little bearing on whether or not he could excel in a tampa 2.
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  10. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,730 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Has not done much in his NFL career. Has not grown much physically since Ohio State. Looks more like 3-4 OLB just looking at speed and size (lack of).
  11. sadams

sadams Well-Known Member

1,353 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    You have already forgotten Barbie carp?
  12. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,758 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    The problem is, you're ready to hand a starting position to a guy based solely on what he did at a very small college, against very poor competition. Granted, he put up huge numbers there, but he hasn't done anything at this level to show he's deserving of that. I'm not opposed to bringing him in, seeing what he can do at DE at the NFL level, and then if he shows he deserves it, fine. Start him. But he may not be any better than Wilber or Selvie.
  13. Galian Beast

9,226 Messages
    1,437 Likes Received
    The problem is reading comprehension. When did I suggest handing him a starting position?
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  14. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,743 Messages
    5,903 Likes Received
    Yes, he is on the smaller side, but he played the run better than the much bigger Selvie against the Cardinals.

There have been some smallish DEs in the Kiffin type scheme (Pre-Draft Measurements):

Chris Clemons 6-3 236
    Bruce Irvin 6-3 245

Robert Mathis 6-2 235
    Dwight Freeney 6-1 266

The problem with both Gibson and Selvie is that they are both better suited for the Weak-Side DE position but the Cowboys really need someone that can play Strong-Side DE; otherwise, they're going to have to use DT Ben Bass as the backup at SDE.
    BAT likes this.
  15. Picksix

4,758 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    Not an unreasonable deduction to make. If you meant just passing situations (which anymore means almost anything), okay my mistake. And he may be better than what we have. But he needs to prove it first.
  16. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,992 Messages
    7,733 Likes Received
    Yeah, and he's got some slink to him. Curious to see how he plays from here out. It's a shame he came into camp late, because I'd have liked to see him play with this line from the get-go.
  17. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

973 Messages
    520 Likes Received
    Bobby Carpenter was a first rounder, not the same as an undrafted player
  18. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    You ruin your argument when you bring up a guy like Beriault. He was a draft pick and was making plays in camp, then his knee started bothering him and they scoped it finding out he needed microfracture surgery and some kind of bone work on the knee. The knee never responded.
  19. Galian Beast

9,226 Messages
    1,437 Likes Received
    Except for the part that ignore where i said he would be a intriguing backup and that i would start him if spencer was injured... the role of a backup...
  20. Picksix

4,758 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    I didn't ignore anything. Spencer is still out. Say we pick up Hamilton before week one, and Spencer isn't ready to come back. Then in your scenario, Hamilton becomes the starter before ever being the back up.