1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I'd Say "Good Luck," But I Wouldn't Really Mean It.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jethrodsp, Dec 27, 2012.

1. jethrodsp

jethrodsp New Member

20 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So...lifelong Redskins fan here. I'm passionate about my team as I'm sure everyone here is passionate about theirs.

I can't even express how excited I am for this game. As a Redskins fan, I wouldn't have it any other way in week 17 than to be playing the Cowboys at FedEx on Sunday night for the division championship. Both teams are rolling right now and have every reason to be confident in their chances Sunday.

My take is this:
    The cowboys defense won't be able to handle Alfred Morris up the middle on the read-option unless they really sell out to do so; which will open up space on the edges and behind the linebackers in the middle of the field that RGIII can exploit. And if the safeties come down to jump the mid-post, it will open up space over the top. This really isn't any different than thanksgiving.

On the other hand, I don't really see how the Skins defense can cope with Dez Bryant. He is the most dominant receiver in the league right now and our secondary play has been dreadful for the majority of the season; mostly due to a lack of talent at the safety position. My hope is that the Skins can commit to Bryant and get some quick pressure on Romo, forcing a turnover or two early. DeMarco Murray is a wildcard, but our defense has been pretty stout against the run. Miles Austin and Jason Witten can do some damage, but neither can dominate a game like Bryant.

In the end, I think the crowd will be a factor and force a couple penalties on the Cowboys offense. I think the Redskins will force a turnover early and jump to a halftime lead, bringing home a 34-27 victory. In any case, it should be a fun game. My house will have a couple Cowboys fans mixed amongst 6 or 7 Skins fans (and my girl...a Giants fan lol) and one things for sure: it'll be a fun few hours.
  2. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,109 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    with all due respect, please don't post this stuff here.
  3. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,688 Messages
    1,122 Likes Received
    Another troll.
  4. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,616 Messages
    3,345 Likes Received
    Actually we don't want our members to discourage fans of other sites from posting here as long as it is within the guidelines and not provoking.

His post was courteous and respectful and offered some insight into the game. Hopefully we will be as courteous and gracious a host.
  5. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,409 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    lol didnt read

skins suk
  6. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,094 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I'm good with any opposing fan that's not trolling. I thought the OPs post was well intended.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,631 Messages
    2,016 Likes Received
    He's right about Morris. That guy could be a huge problem.
    He we contain him though, we win. "Contain" in this case may be holding him to only 100 yards.

And of course, we need to win or tie the turnover battle.
  8. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    Why not? He seems far more realistic than a majority of the cowboy fans I see in here.
  9. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,191 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    First few posts are out of line. OP didn't come across like a ******, so be cool Yolanda.

Anyways, I don't see this game being different than the majority of our first 15 games. I expect the Skins to jump out to a lead (not 28-6 though), and it's going to come down to whether Romo can pull it out in the 4th. I wouldn't bet against him.
  10. iceberg

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    Or can our defense stop the skins after promo gives us a lead?
  11. jethrodsp

jethrodsp New Member

20 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    lol actually for the second half of the year we haven't..and neither have you, that's what makes this game so exciting.
  12. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,050 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    If we only have a couple penalties I will be happy
  13. fifaguy

4,109 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    i guess that i just don't see the point of a Skins fan posting here, any more than I would consider doing so on a Skins' site.
  14. iceberg

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    To talk football, I suppose.get our input, give theirs.

Sorry if it interrupts the deep thinking anti Jones/ESPN threads.
  15. fifaguy

4,109 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    Whatever. I live in the DC area and talk to Skins fans all the time; thus I don't feel a need for more of their input online.
  16. jethrodsp

jethrodsp New Member

20 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What do you guys think about Drew Pearson advocating taking a 15 yard penalty in exchange for a shot on Griffin?

I don't think the Cowboys have to resort to that. I think Griffin will take a couple big shots ala Demarcus Ware on Thanksgiving; but in general he has been able to shrug them off and respond.
  17. iceberg

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    I don't feel the need for wah ESPN threads.
    I don't feel the need for wah Jones threads.

You stop those and I'll talk to the evil skins fans and see what I can do.
  18. jethrodsp

jethrodsp New Member

20 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    OK.. Well I live in Richmond, VA and don't get to talk to a variety of Cowboys fans..
  19. iceberg

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    You're fine man. You'll come to ignore the same people most of us do.
  20. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,273 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    I have been saying all along that RGIII doesn't impress me that much. The true MVP of that team is Alfred Morris....4th in yardage this year as a rookie. That's a HUGE amount of pressure off of RGIII. A good running games makes the QB's life so much easier. You take away Morris and you get a struggling RGIII. RGIII needs to give Morris a nice present.