1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Idiot Philly fan vomits on Police Captain

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5098407

Man accused of vomiting on girl at game

PHILADELPHIA -- A New Jersey man is facing charges after police say he intentionally vomited on an 11-year-old girl and her father in the stands during a Philadelphia Phillies game.

Twenty-one-year-old Matthew Clemmens, of Cherry Hill, N.J., was arraigned Friday on charges stemming from his behavior at Wednesday night's Phillies-Nationals game.

Police say Clemmens made himself vomit on an off-duty police captain and his daughter after a companion was kicked out of Citizens Bank Park for unruly behavior, which included cursing, spitting and spilling beer by Clemmens and a friend.

According to an account in the Philadelphia Daily News, Clemmens and his friend were asked by the 15-year-old daughter of Easton police Capt. Michael Vangelo to stop cursing and spitting. A short while later, Vangelo said, it started again.

"One guy started spitting ... first it landed on the back of my daughter's chair. Then it landed on her hooded sweatshirt," Vangelo said, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.

After Vangelo reported the incident to stadium officials, Clemmens' friend was led out of the stadium. At that point, Vangelo said Clemmens said he would be sick and "put two fingers down his throat."

He then "leaned forward and started vomiting on us," Vangelo said, according to the Daily News.

Philadelphia police say Clemmens also punched Vangelo and vomited on an arresting officer.

"It reminds you of the type of behavior you used to hear about at the 700 level in Veterans Stadium," Philadelphia police spokesman Lt. Frank Vanore, according to the Daily News.

Vangelo told the Daily News he didn't hit Clemmens because "I kept thinking, 'If I get arrested, my kids will be alone here."

The Philadelphia Inquirer reported that Clemmens is being held on $36,000 bail on three complaints containing 15 counts of the different offenses.

"I was just a dad with my kids enjoying a game," Vangelo said, according to the Daily News. "I never experienced anything like that before."
  2. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,378 Messages
    1,881 Likes Received
    Stay classy, Philly!
  3. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,907 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    I was just coming to post this very article and that was my intended thread title.

Here's the idiot's mug shot.

[IMG]

The eye suits him.
  4. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Typical Philadelphia fan.
  5. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5098407

Man accused of vomiting on girl at game

PHILADELPHIA -- A New Jersey man is facing charges after police say he intentionally vomited on an 11-year-old girl and her father in the stands during a Philadelphia Phillies game.

Matthew Clemmens, 21, of Cherry Hill, N.J., was charged with assault, reckless endangerment, disorderly conduct and related offenses for the incident at Wednesday night's Phillies-Nationals game. He was being held Friday on $36,000 bail.

Clemmens
    Police say Clemmens made himself vomit on an off-duty police captain and one of his daughters after Clemmens' companion was kicked out of Citizens Bank Park for unruly behavior, which included cursing, spitting and spilling beer by Clemmens and a friend.

According to an account in the Philadelphia Daily News, Clemmens and his friend were asked by the 15-year-old daughter of Michael Vangelo, an off-duty Easton police captain, to stop cursing and spitting. A short while later, Vangelo said, it started again.

"One guy started spitting ... first it landed on the back of my daughter's chair. Then it landed on her hooded sweatshirt," Vangelo said, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.

After Vangelo reported the incident to stadium officials, Clemmens' friend was led out of the stadium. At that point, Vangelo said Clemmens said he would be sick and "put two fingers down his throat."

He then "leaned forward and started vomiting on us," Vangelo said, according to the Daily News.

"It was the most vile, disgusting thing I've ever seen. He has two fingers down his throat, he lunges forward and vomits on myself and my 11-year-old."

Vangelo said he tried to push his children safely behind him, and Clemmens punched him in the face. Four or five fans in the next section rushed to help, Vangelo said. They held him until police arrived -- someone punching Clemmens in the face as he tried to break free -- and an officer was also hit with vomit, Vanore said.

"It reminds you of the type of behavior you used to hear about at the 700 level in Veterans Stadium," Philadelphia police spokesman Lt. Frank Vanore said, according to the Daily News.

Vangelo told the Daily News he didn't hit Clemmens because "I kept thinking, 'If I get arrested, my kids will be alone here.'
  6. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing

4,085 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    This was all the talk on sports radio here in Philadelphia this week (I am here until Sunday). I wish that I could say it was the first time, but I have actually witnessed this myself in the past. Horrible and disgusting, some Eagles fans will intentionally induce themselves puke on a fan of another team (I've seen it done to Cowboys fans).

I have never seen it done to a child before, but I have seen children take a lot of abuse (beers spilled on them, for example).

Also, this kind of thing rarely happens at Phillies games - this is the first time I've heard of this kind of incident outside of an Eagles game.
  7. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    ****ing right. ******* deserved it.
  8. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,389 Messages
    963 Likes Received
    I was gonna say unbelievable...but then again. Can you imagine if that was your daughter and somebody spit on her and then did that!
  9. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

after he spit on my daughter it would have escalated to a point where he wished he was able to stick his fingers down his throat...for my foot would already be there
  10. BeWare94

BeWare94 Benched

568 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I guarantee that the culprit is probably posting over at Igglephans.com right now...probably bragging to his cyber buddies and getting virtual pats on the back. LOL

I don't care what anyone says, ALL EAGLE FANS are PUH-RICKs.:mad:
  11. slotshot

slotshot Member

503 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I truly can't imagine this happening at Texas/Cowboys Stadiums.
  12. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,553 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    Stay classy, Philly.
  13. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,536 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    Puking on the cop is cool but not on the girl.
  14. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,423 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    Ya know, I rarely let internet losers bother me, but in your case, I GENUINELY hope something really, REALLY awful happens to you or your family.
  15. Cover 2

Cover 2 Pessimists Unite!!!

3,129 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I doubt he believes the stuff he types. I think he just likes the attention. I would find it hard to believe anyone could be as deluded as he is. Unless they had some kind of mental disorder, which I guess I could believe.
  16. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,423 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    Of the 2 areas in bold, I'm pretty confident the latter is much more the case than the former.