1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

If a deal gets done . . .

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by fortdick, Mar 2, 2006.

1. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

6,481 Messages
    730 Likes Received
    If a deal gets done the next couple of days and the Skins get bailed out because of a cap increase, think where we will stand. By what I have read, we were 12 million under. Releasing Glover gets us 6 mil. If the cap is raised by an additional 10-12 mil, we have about 30 million in room.

2. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

12,460 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    I think we're in excellent shape either way.

Let's just hope we sign some quality FAs with VALUE for money.

I can't wait for FA to start!

and the big bonus is a NT to rotate with Fergy!

(Oh, and maybe a FB - Sowell to boot)

Hey, it's not to late to dream.
  3. Thick 'N Hearty

Thick 'N Hearty Active Member

2,359 Messages
    0 Likes Received

That's not right. The $12 million figure was in anticipation of a CBA agreement. Without it, we're about $2 million over. With Dat's retirement and glover gone, that will put us at about $6 million under.

If a CBA is reached before Monday, that should increase the cap by about $10-15 million, so we'd have about $16 to $21 million.
  4. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

4,840 Messages
    1,703 Likes Received
    No, no , no. The $12 million estimate had nothing to do with a new CBA. It had to do incentives not being reached and added back to the cap.
  5. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

45,456 Messages
    4,151 Likes Received
    Yeah, I remember reading that the $10-15 MM under number was for a cap at $95-100 MM. With all the numbers thrown around, who knows.
  6. Cowboysguy

Cowboysguy New Member

112 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    From Todd Archer of the DMN this evening...

"If the cap is $94.5 million without a new deal, the Cowboys presently have $8 million to $10 million to spend, although they can easily acquire another $9.6 million with a simple restructuring of the contracts for Jason Ferguson and Marco Rivera.

If there is a new deal, the cap could move to as high as $104 million, and the Cowboys will have roughly $20 million of space and the same ability to create more room. "
  7. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,683 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    Adam already said we are about 14-15 million under atm. So considering the cap increase, 10-12 mill would put us about 25 mill. Theres a post on the first page with Adams numbers in it.

Heres is latest post -

With 65 players either signed or tendered, I'm projecting that if the cap stays at $94.513 million and the CBA isn't extended, we'll have $14.38 million of cap room (pending any cap adjustment from 2005 and possible status changes for a few players' incentives, such as Drew Bledsoe's $1 million LTBE incentives).

Thats adams quote from the '.....coleman gets a raise' post.