1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Garrett has the play card Sunday how will it make you feel?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dcstands4, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,480 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    I think it is spelled Sudoku...

Yes, I know it is actually seppuku, but that wouldn't be as funny.
    cannonball44 likes this.
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,119 Messages
    6,900 Likes Received
    Jason Garrett focusing on offense
    Updated: November 18, 2013, 3:23 PM ET
    By Todd Archer | ESPN.com
    IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett will not take over as the offensive play-caller with six games remaining this season, but he has been more involved with the offense than he was earlier in the year.

"I was down there a little bit more the last couple of days," Garrett said, referring to the Cowboys' practices last week and on Monday coming off the bye week.

Garrett said last week that if he wanted to take over the play-calling duties, he could, but that Bill Callahan would continue to handle the job during games.

Instead of bouncing around to other areas of the team during the portion of practice that is open to the media, Garrett has been with the offense more. He offered up more individual and group instructions as well.

While the alteration might be small, it is still noticeable. The Cowboys are fifth in the NFL in scoring (27.4 points per game) but rank 17th in yards per game.

More: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...-getting-more-involved-dallas-cowboys-offense
    dcstands4 likes this.
  3. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,523 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Not wanting to escalate this, but theebs has added more to this board than virtually every poster in here. He has supported this team for as long as this board has been open. There is no reason, no reason at all for you to add that response. How's about keeping it civil please?
  4. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Is Todd Archer Jason Garrett's best friend?
  5. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,016 Messages
    1,227 Likes Received
    Nope.

Just answering a hypothetical question honestly.
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,021 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Being an idiot? It sounds about par for the course to me.

I will say this though. Dallas usually does turn it up and give us one last shred of hope around this time of year before they completely crash.
    khiladi likes this.
  7. NumOneQB

NumOneQB Active Member

337 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I would hope JG would grow a pair and take the duties from Callahan. His job is on the line, why not?
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,611 Messages
    5,772 Likes Received
    Yes, they hang out together at Sports Bars in Austin.
  9. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    I dare say that theebs is inadvertently trolling by reverse jinxing.
  10. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

653 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Someone's been listening to Talk in Cowboys!
  11. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,698 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Wasn't a huge fan of Garrets offense, but it was far superior to Callahans.

How about Garrett calls offense between the 20's, and Callahan handles redzone offense? Each can play to their strengths.
  12. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    honestly better, assuming he can pass the clock/game mgmt off to someone else :)
  13. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    It will be an act of desperation and chaos....admitting they have more problems on offense then they are telling us. Personally think who ever is making the game plan and offensive decisions is the guy that needs to GO.
  14. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,889 Messages
    1,646 Likes Received
    We should just let Romo run the offense. He'll just change their play anyway lol. Romo has been in this offense for years now. He puts in the time studying film, he should have the ultimate say. He has a feel of what's going and can be better trusted than anyone else IMO.
  15. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,727 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    We think his job is on the line, but if the GM is safe, why shouldn't the coach be, too?
  16. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,563 Messages
    995 Likes Received
    If we can get Miles back at full speed, they won't be able to pay so much attention to Witten and Dez. That will help whoever is calling the plays.
  17. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,910 Likes Received
    par for the course for a franchise that changes directions everytime jerry's bac level goes above .10.
    tantrix1969 likes this.
  18. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

958 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    I don't really care who's calling the plays as long as there's no more TE screens or check down passes on third and long.

Scott Tolzien was able to throw deep on the Giants yesterday...surely Romo can do the same.
  19. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,445 Messages
    2,871 Likes Received
    I dont care who calls the plays................................I just know we better not lose this division................or everybody is going out the door.
    dupree89 likes this.
  20. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,021 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received

dude, I'm with you in wanting that....But I think you're going to be very disappointed. let me ask you this question. Serious question: Lets say Dallas goes 7-9 and no playoffs. Shortly after the season Jerry announces that the team is quite close to being where it needs to be. This is not the time to change head coaches and Jason will be back.

What will your feelings be? lol