1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If I Was A Spoiled Brat & Could Have What I Want Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Hostile

Hostile It Has Been Fun Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,213 Likes Received
    #14. David DeCastro, OG, Stanford, 6'5", 315. I want him on the same side as Tyron Smith, which is Romo's blindside, and I expect them to be perennial linemates with post season honors.

#45. Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin, 6'5", 314. If I am going to build an OL, might as well get it right. I want to be able to run at will, pass at will, and laugh all the way through the post season.

#82. Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia, 5'10", 185. Has the pedigree I love. His Dad was a CB for the Browns. Chase can also return kickoffs which I continue to believe is a huge weak spot on our team.

#113. Juron Criner, WR, Arizona, 6'3", 220. Has absolutely great hands and is fearless. he catches everything. Will move the chains. No one will miss Laurent.

#144. Brian Linthicum, TE, Michigan State, 6'4", 245.
    Very smart player who graduated early and is already working on a Masters. Tough, hard nosed football player with a sell out for the team mentality. A perfect fit here.

#175. Nick Foles, QB, Arizona, 6'5", 240. He is accurate, smart, and a natural leader. McGee has failed to rise above 3rd string, Time to move on.

6th Round Sup Pick. Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU, 6'3", 325.
    This guy is flying under the radar and shouldn't be. He is a human wall who collapses the pocket and plays full speed all game long.

#206. Donta Paige-Moss, OLB, North Carolina, 6'5', 265.
    My pet cat.
  2. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,826 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    i totally forgot about fangupo......nice addition

i do not like Foles though.....he is a statue. he is going to get beat down worse than david carr did.
  3. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,663 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Then next year, with the increased salaries cause of the cap increase, cap floor, and the penalty.....we stand to lose Felix, Spencer, and Jenkins.

With this draft, we would just have to resign Spencer, cause we would have no replacement. We would also not have a DE on the roster of starting ability.

I just don't see why we would do this cause our D would stink Hos.
  4. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,213 Likes Received
    No one will touch him the OL will be so good. Besides, Romo isn't going anywhere.
  5. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,213 Likes Received
    The D is going to improve more than people realize.
  6. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,965 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    I would be pumped for those first two picks. A real intimidating offensive line would be amazing. Not a big fan of Minnifield though, never was impressed with him at UVA.
  7. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,663 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I guess my issue is the future of it, with Jenkins and Spencer as free agents, we need leverage if we lose them cause free agency will be nuts next year.

I know its the spoiled brat mock, guess the point is its just hard to make it happen, especially with all the offensive picks later.

Our D needs more help than that, we would be put in the situation of maybe franchising Jenkins or doing something with Spencer, and we still wouldn't have a DE on the team. Plus you would be giving up on most if not all of the OL we have drafted last year and the FAs we just picked up as we would end up waiving probably 2-3 OL in the process (not to mention the ones we have already cut loose).

OL would be improved, which is a good thing, but in the overall picture of the team, we would have no balance and wouldn't be using all our available resources in the most effective way.
  8. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    hos, what is your take on Ingram?
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,704 Messages
    1,503 Likes Received
    Got a feeling what you want and what you are going to get will be quite different.
  10. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,213 Likes Received
    I hope he plays well for someone else.

I don't dislike him at all. I just think DeCastro is far and away the best player in this Draft class, and that includes Luck and RGIII.
  11. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,213 Likes Received
    I hope that limb you climbed out on is stable.

Ya think?
  12. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    Hope your right;)
  13. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,618 Messages
    2,511 Likes Received
    Still leaves too much Kenyon Coleman for my tastes.
  14. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,927 Messages
    643 Likes Received
    Covers all the question marks, A+
  15. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,468 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    You had me at DeCastro and Konz.
  16. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,213 Likes Received
    Those 2 and Smith all lined up side by side gives me visions of splendor.
  17. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like everything but the Foles pick, dude has lead feet and doesnt push the ball downfield particuarly well. He has great short and intermediate accuracy, but his college offense really didnt allow for him to master the downfield throws.
  18. rojan

rojan Active Member

1,486 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Love it!!!!!
  19. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,348 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    First 3 picks would be epic.
  20. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,826 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    The first two picks are like a wet dream for fans of smashmouth football......

here is my spoiled brat mock

14 - OG David DeCastro

45 - C Peter Konz

Trade 82 for a later 3rd and a 5th

3rd - RB LaMichael James or Chris Rainey (we get our version of Darren Sproles)

113 - CB Casey Hayward

5th - TE Brian Linthicum

144 - OT Tom Compton

175 - SS Kelcie McCray

6c - NT Hebron Fangupo

206 - FS Brandon Hardin

Unfortunately, this draft does not address the OLB or DE position. Now, if I were to sacrifice Konz, I would draft Vinny Curry.