1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Sean Payton comes to Dallas

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    8-8
    They were 10-6 his first season if memory serves.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,891 Messages
    5,523 Likes Received
    For the record, I'm for bringing in Payton or Holmgren or Gruden or some other coach with a Super Bowl winning resume. Only because it would force Jerry back into Parcells mode. Not because the head coach is the problem here.

The actual coaching I don't think will be a significant change. It's a Jerry issue, not a Garrett issue.
  3. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,037 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Yeah I edited my reply. For some reason I remembered Gailey being fired during the 10-6 year. It's been a long, bumpy ride.
  4. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    You're right.
  5. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

4,913 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    [youtube]WvuYxQxmjRU[/youtube]

Here's a play that Sean Payton/Brees run as a bread and butter play of the NO offense.
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,578 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    I do too. Payton's a dream, a nice one. But at the end of the day, I think he just gets a bigger contract from NO.

Depending on how the team finishes these last few games, Holmgren would be the one guy I see Jerry going after.

Jerry's got a business to run and he can't fill seats with 7-9.

He's loyal to his friends but not when it starts affecting his organization's 'reputation.'

A lot of die-hard fans believe in the head coach, and a lot of don't. But I wonder what the casual fan thinks of these losing seasons? And I'm sure Jerry wonders as well.

Certainly, booing everytime the HC or GM is on the screen is an indication that the people aren't happy.
  7. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,468 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    With the news coming out today about Jason getting a REAL offensive coordinator, all this new coach rumors are a pipe dream. Sad to hear but it more then likely true. Great job Jerry. Love what you've done with the team
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,511 Messages
    2,043 Likes Received
    Wut...
  9. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,232 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    What news is that? I guess I have not heard.
  10. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Active Member

826 Messages
    229 Likes Received
  11. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Jason Garrett is too much of an egoist to admit that his system sucks and isnt working.
  12. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,578 Messages
    533 Likes Received
  13. houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat Benched

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Jerrah could care less what I have to say but I will say this:

Coming from an OG Saints fan (I was at the first game in 67).

The Cowboys have always been the class of the NFC and is a cash cow for the NFC.

From way back from when they were the Dallas Texans to the Tom Landry, Meredith, Staubach and Aikman days the rest of the NFL was always jealous of the Cowboys because of one thing. They just won. Your Super Bowls attest to that.

Plus they have the best looking cheerleaders in the entire NFL (Texas girls are the best) and kick *** uniforms. The Cowboys were just cool.

I used to look forward to Don Meredith every Monday starting in 1970 when the MNF came on. Like it or not the country always had a taste of the Cowboys. He was knowledgeable and his banter with Cosell made the show. Gifford was the straight man in this comedy act. MNF has never been the same since.

What JJ needs to remind himself of is that the Cowboys had a long standing reputation before he ever showed up.

But what Jerrah is doing now isn't working. JJ is a good business man but his EGO won't let him do what he in his heart knows that he needs to do. Step away and let the football people handle it.

Dallas will get another Super Bowl before Houston ever will because you have a nicer stadium despite that icy debacle of a couple of years ago.

As much as I love Sean Payton I would be dissapointed but not upset at all if he decided to book and move to Dallas. He has every reason in the book to stay or leave NOLA. He really has nothing left to prove there. As great as Brees is he is not the same without SP, his mentor and his close friend.

If Payton left the Saints would be OK because Gruden or someone would step in. But I don't think SP wants to go anywhere without Loomis. It was him and SP that brought in Brees.

But JJ needs to bite his tongue and just sign checks.

I would be proud of SP if he went to Dallas and resurrected that franchise.

He and the rest of the Saints got a raw deal over this alleged fictionary bounty crap. A ploy designed by Goodell to save his butt over the plethora of upcoming concussion lawsuits. It's all a sham and the Saints were scapegoats. Tom Benson is not the confrontational type and the NFL knows that, hence why the Saints got punished for something that has gone on since the dawn of football and goes on to this day.

I could see him leaving for a fresh start but who knows.
  14. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,433 Messages
    2,787 Likes Received

I don't see a lot of difference in their offenses. I think the general differences are mainly personnel.
  15. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,405 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    Introspection: learn it, live it.
  16. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,468 Messages
    164 Likes Received
  17. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,641 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Might be easier to switch allegiance to the Saints
  18. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,864 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter NFL and Sean Payton’s agent Don Yee are finalizing conditions under which suspended Saints HC can negotiate a contract extension with NO.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Once NFL and Don Yee agree to conditions, Saints and Payton are expected to commence discussions about contract extension, per NFL source.
  19. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,415 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth in 5 seconds, clothes rent asunder in 10 seconds...

20. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,671 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Come on, man...there's no way Jerry cedes any power like that. I think you're half joking, but there's alot of folks that keep beating that drum that actually think (or hope) it'll happen. Need to get past that conversation...wasting breath.