1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Sean Payton comes to Dallas

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Nov 26, 2012.

1. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I haven't seen anything posted from anyone whom I believe knows what they are taking about, on Payton's actual status........

Is he free to sign and coach for any organization Hos?
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,851 Messages
    7,576 Likes Received
    Yep...
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    It's definitely a possibility.

Why not resign already?

Why even have a clause where you can opt out of your contract w/out a certain staff member?

More than likely, Payton uses this as an opportunity to make a ton of money (playing us against the Saints in order to get a bigger contract). But I just find it very interesting how little he's said about the contract and just the fact that the clause existed in the first place is enough to give me hope.

Jerry's recent attitude change, also, is evidence that his 'unwavering' belief in JG is not so unwavering
  4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,026 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Ah. I see what you were saying now. I was confused. :)
  5. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Lame, but you're on.

~crossing fingers~
  6. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,468 Messages
    1,626 Likes Received
    He is. His suspension cancelled his contract. He's 100% free.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Here is another thing in your favor.

Would Jerry just let Philly grab him. That would be a demoralising hit to our fan base if Philly uses their resources to get Sean Payton while we sit on our thumbs.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,052 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    It's a bet.
  9. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,262 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    This genuinely made me laugh out loud. That rarely happens for me on Internet forums. Thanks for that.

On topic -- While I'd love Payton, I have absolutely no interest in Mickey Loomis as GM.
  10. Idgit

31,851 Messages
    7,576 Likes Received
    He's a very good coach, I'm not saying he's not, by any stretch. I also liked him as a coordinator here when many posters wanted him fired.

I'm saying we'd *freak out* over here if our team when from the NFCCG to 8-8 and 7-9 over the course of three seasons. We both know what this board would be like by the end of year three. There's zero doubt how bad it would be.
  11. Hostile

119,052 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Right now, no he is not. He is under contract for 2012.

Once 2012 is over, yes, he will be a Free Agent. But please read this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...n-payton-plans-to-be-new-orleans-saints-coach

Now I ask you, Jay Glazer and Sean Payton, or conspiracy theorists on a fan forum?

Who you going to believe? As for me and my house, we will believe the man himself and the NFL insider who is reporting that just 3 weeks ago.
  12. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,026 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    That's true. Though, their team found an identity pretty fast. They were an offensive juggernaut basically from the word "go" when he got there.

They just had some serious defensive issues if I remember right. They still do for that matter.
  13. Idgit

31,851 Messages
    7,576 Likes Received
    Oh. I agree. The posts would've been how much an idiot our HC was for neglecting the defense. "We should have traded up to draft a CB in the first round!"

:D
  14. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

844 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    I realise this is a forum for discussing the Cowboys. But just also realise that Sean Payton will NOT be coaching them next year. That's the bottom line and a cold slap of reality.
  15. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,405 Messages
    2,247 Likes Received
    Just to be clear, because I surely have an interest in this bet. I find it intriguing.

The bet is that Sean Payton will be the head coach of the Saints next season.

If he is then Boys122 loses, and Hos picks his sig which stays up for a month.

If Payton is the head coach of any other team, or not a head coach at all, then Boys122 wins and Hos wears the sig of Boys122's choice for thirty days.

Is that right?

Babalugats, we got a bet here.
  16. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,468 Messages
    1,626 Likes Received
    I like how all the people who say there is zero chance of him coming here either have no reasons why or Brees is their only answer.
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    We know that Sean Payton has the ability to outscheme opponents.

With Garrett it's really hard to identify many games where we beat a team because he gave us an edge.

I'll give him the Giants game this year and the rest we really just outclassed our opponents.
  18. Hostile

119,052 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    I took the tighter bet parameters on purpose. I am not the least bit worried about losing. He will be the Head Coach of the Saints in 2013. If he has any other job, I lose.

"I can eat 50 eggs."
  19. Hostile

119,052 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    I haven't mentioned Brees at all, nor have I shirked a reason.

So clearly not all the people saying no chance.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Heck I wouldn't be either. You either win a bet or see your team significantly upgrade their head coach. Win-Win