1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Sean Payton comes to Dallas

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I truly believe there's two places he would coach, it's possible he'll return to the Saints but when he hears of the head coaching job opening up in Dallas after the season, he'll be drooling all the way to Arlington.

If offered the job there's no way he turns it down.
  2. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

866 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    Has nothing to do with Brees, and everything to do with the quality of the organization and where it is going.
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,549 Messages
    1,728 Likes Received
    Agreed but Philly pushing for him is nothing but a good thing for Dallas. Unless of course they actually get him :(
  4. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,076 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    This is an impossible question to answer because there's no doubt in my mind that if Payton wants to coach here, he'll be the coach here.

I don't care what anyone says until that decision is made, including Payton himself. I don't care what he says he "plans" to do.

All I care about is what he says when Jerry calls him this offseason and asks if he would have any interest in coaching the Cowboys. And I do believe Jerry will make that phone call. And I do believe Payton is the only guy Jerry would jettison Garrett for and if Payton says he wants to come here, he's going to be our next coach.
  5. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,858 Messages
    1,229 Likes Received
    Which would point to the most glamorous team and prestigious coaching position in American Sports. The Cowboys.
  6. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,858 Messages
    1,229 Likes Received
    Now the Eagles are a team where there's zero chance. Crappy organization, horrible place to live, no QB and a fanbase that hates everyone and everything.
  7. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I'm sure he'll listen to all offers.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,544 Messages
    1,897 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'm not so sure of that one as you experts are. Me and Nate Newton.
  9. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

866 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    Glamorous, like a Vegas show...sure, but not prestigious.
  10. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,236 Messages
    687 Likes Received
    Payton isn't coming here and what players outside of Drew Brees do the Aint's have that you are clamoring for? Marcus Colston? That's about it. If anything that GM has been getting a break for that defense because its terrible.
  11. Hostile

118,544 Messages
    1,897 Likes Received
    Jimmy Graham, Lance Moore, Devery Henderson, Jermon Bushrod, or Ben Grubbs would all suit me just fine.
  12. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,866 Messages
    1,281 Likes Received

Until you have actually worked for Jerry, you can't determine anyone else wouldn't want to work for him.....seems to me Jerry hasn't had any issues with hiring anyone or anyone wanting to work for him.
  13. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,490 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    What?
  14. ykc

ykc Active Member

590 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I bet the JJ/JG honeymoon is about over and JJ is realizing that his gamble to hit on a next Belicheck has failed. I believe JJ drank all the media koolaide on JG but I don't think he is into JG that much. He let him interview with STL job couple of years back and let him go back for second interview.

JJ realizes that losing puts the focus on him and his records as bad GM, so when a proven HC is available - the business man in him will pull the trigger and get it done. Hoping that Sean Payton will be our HC next year, he needs a couple of pieces along the OL, but rest of the offense is there for him to do his magic
  15. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,340 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    My thoughts exactly.
  16. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Red will be here next year. Same results.
  17. Hostile

118,544 Messages
    1,897 Likes Received
    Which part?
  18. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,340 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    I agree and will add that both he and Romo qb'd at Eastern Illinois.
  19. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,490 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    The part about it not being an upgrade.
  20. weaver21

weaver21 Member

627 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Payton coming here is almost meant to be really. He should've gotten the job after Parcells left, but he bolted to the Saints a year before Parcells retired. He and Romo are great friends on/off the field and Payton actually has a good relationship with Jerry. If Payton came here and turned around this franchise and won a Super Bowl, he would be known as one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. He'd be a legend.

I just don't see how Jerry could pass up an opportunity like this. Although Payton probably wants to stay in New Orleans and most likely will stay there, if somehow they don't reach an agreement and we miss the playoffs again ... Payton should be the head coach next year. There's no excuse if it doesn't happen.