1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Sean Payton comes to Dallas

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,463 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    At season's start yes. How was that "winning out?"

They are two different things whether you want to admit it or not.
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,227 Messages
    1,445 Likes Received
    You're right. He also said the Cowboys would win out. Can't remember if it was after Atlanta or Philly.
  3. Hostile

118,463 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Provide a link please. I guarantee you that you can't because other than a joke somewhere else, I have never thought we were winning out, much less posted it.

I said 10 to 11 wins when there were 16 to 14 games to play. 10 is still possible, though I doubt it.
  4. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'm positive he did. Not going to filter his posts or anything because I don't care that much, but it was a really bitter post.
  5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,020 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    I love this type of fan post.
    It is what helps me feel superior.

In order to improve this OL we have to add better players and have them stay healthy.

The top 2 OL addition suggestions were DeCastro and Nicks. For them we would have given Carr money and the r1 pick. So we'd have a secondary with Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick splitting reps as health allows and some guy we never heard of on the other side.

For that immense commitment we would have gotten about 9 total games in 2012 out of those 2 guys. Great plan... except reality is we would be picking top 5 in 2013. Same as CLE or SF. Using high picks on the OL almost always means a return to sucksville for a couple seasons. OL selections dont drastically change a team's fortunes.
  6. Hostile

118,463 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    And I am positive I didn't. You obviously care or you wouldn't even bring it up, nor come into a thread just to lob insults that I have not lobbed back.

Want to talk football, because I am positive I don't play for the team. If you have an issue with me it can be solved with the Ignore feature.
  7. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Hos never said that. You should chill w/ your agenda or provide the direct link where he did say the team would win out.
  8. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what is wrong with people? if you are positive, produce it. otherwise, shut your mouth about other posters. stuff like this is what ruins forums. nobody wants to deal with such tools.
  9. Hostile

118,463 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I cringe when posters defend me, but thanks.
  10. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,175 Messages
    405 Likes Received

This is why Hos and other have quit posting here because of the very nonsense that others say.

Catch17 started it by his "winning out" comments and then the other villagers with their pitch forks started chiming in.
  11. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If it means that much, I'll look for the post. I can only see the last 4 pages of what he posted.
  12. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    4 pages only goes back 6 days. Not far enough.
  13. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,611 Messages
    574 Likes Received
    Because people are fated to become injured? That's a really ridiculous argument. Because they got injured somewhere else they would've got injured here too? Literally makes no sense at all.

I'm not talking specific players anyways. When did I mention either of those guys? Or what picks to use on which players?

My argument is that Garrett supporters claim that he has revamped the roster and added a lot of young talent. But for some reason he has completely and utterly failed to repair the weakest unit on the team for the past several years and one that prevented this offense from running with any consistency or keeping their QB off of the ground. The reason, Garrett supporters will argue, that their prodigy's offense can't get into the endzone and is routinely stifled by nearly every team. IF Garrett's success is so contigent on this unit (as his supporters will frequently claim), then WHY doesn't he fix it? If he's so great at talent acquisition, why can't he use these powers to fix this achilles heel?

There have plenty of offensive linemen that would have been available to us in the past 3 drafts and free agency that we have not taken advantage of. We place a very low priority on OL, believing we can dumpster dive and coach-up the likes of Arkin, Bernadeau, Brewster, Nagy, Leary, Costa. And make them serviceable. All the while spending the big bucks and picks on people who fans will be able to cheer for during the games. Have our cake and eat it too.

My theory is that Jerry doesn't like using high picks on OL when he can get a sexier position addressed instead. Someone that will put seats in the stadium. Further, I believe that Garrett believes that the OL just needs to be good enough to get by. I believe the inability to properly address the unit is a reflection of his offensive philosophy (which places a low priority on big-grunts)
  14. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,310 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    You commented on it, so it obviously meant something to you.

Have you found anything to back it up?
  15. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,293 Messages
    437 Likes Received
    Naw a 5-6, no discipline, team whose coach is in over his head is why some have quit posting. The pump's broke.
  16. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  17. Hostile

118,463 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    There is none because I never said it. At least not in a serious manner. I know I said it joking, but that was not here and everyone knew I was joking.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/czsearch.php?searchid=1058718

There's a search parameter for posts by me with "win out."

About halfway down page 1 is my thread from Atlanta. I supposedly said it after that game, so read that thread and all the threads above it.

Notice...I didn't say it. It is a figment of their imaginations and I cannot edit threads here so I didn't magically make it disappear.

I never said it. I doubt this matters to either of them one iota or will make any difference.
  18. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here you go, buddy

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4826245&postcount=4
  19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,227 Messages
    1,445 Likes Received

:cool:
  20. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,293 Messages
    437 Likes Received
    uh oh 921, you've given them something that they can be "right" about. Can't raise the flag on anything else, Garrett, Cowboys making the playoffs, JJ not being a problem, no to all but 921 misquoting Hos, yes.:bang2: