1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If Teddy B. Does the Rodgers slide to 16, do you take him?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Vinnie2u, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,312 Messages
    1,203 Likes Received
    IMO, if any of the top 3 QB's falls to #16, we look at the trade down scenarios in earnest...if no trade partners, it would be difficult to pass on TB
    AmberBeer likes this.
  2. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,312 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    I take TB at 16.
  3. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    And if Manziel drops to #16 .. Jerry cant run th card up fast enough. You could see the dollar signs in his eyes.
    jnday and ceerrece like this.
  4. ceerrece

ceerrece Active Member

273 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Take him!
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,990 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    I'll take the damn pick up to the podium myself... I might be in NYC that weekend LOL
    pjtoadie likes this.
  6. bodi

bodi Active Member

421 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    nope - he got bust written all over him
    jnday likes this.
  7. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,035 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    Yep and then groom him to replace Romo in Game 1.....:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
    lostar2009, ceerrece and Vinnie2u like this.
  8. Texan_Eph89

Texan_Eph89 Well-Known Member

1,049 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    If he's there at our pick, you take him. We need to groom the next starter before Romo calls it quits.
    QB is a premium pick and Romo is in his 30s now; if Bridgewater is ready to start at a high level in 3 seasons, the pick is worth it.

Besides, it's not like the defense is one player away from greatness. It's going to take us 2-3 seasons to get the defense performing well.
    pjtoadie and lostar2009 like this.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,003 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
  10. Western

Western Active Member

116 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    If Bridgewater slides to 16, Jerry & Co., should definitely consider selecting him.
    The reason Bridgewater or even Manziel gets push down into mid-to-late 1st round, is that the quality of talent in the early 1st round is vastly superior than previous drafts.

Jacksonville, Cleveland, Houston, Minnesota, & Oakland value let's say a combination Kahlil Mack, Jake Mathews, or J. Clowney with a Derek Carr, Garoppolo, A.J. McCarron, or Mettenberger over a combination of Bridewater/Manziel and some lesser talented early 2nd round selection.

Romo is an aging QB with health concerns.

If the selection is either between Jernigan, Ealy, Ford or Bridgewater and Manziel, take the QB.
    To be in desperation and reach in selecting a QB (see Q. Carter in 01, and the revolving door of QB's from Tony Banks to Drew Bledsoe), is not a good position.

Rather than being reactionary, the front office should be proactive and anticipate the transition.
    tantrix1969 and lostar2009 like this.
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,003 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    You're hired.
  12. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    That's asking a lot from this bunch.
  13. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,483 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Him or Barr? Need? Immediate impact Or future qb?
  14. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Without hesitation. Bridgewater will win more Super Bowls than Romo.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,003 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Teddy Bridgewater | Quarterback
    Team: Louisville Cardinals
    Ht / Wt: 6'3' / 205
    [IMG]
    LATEST NEWS
    RECENT NEWS

NFL Films' Greg Cosell mentioned on the Ross Tucker Football Podcast that he spoke with a source who said Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater weighed 188 pounds at the end of the 2013 season.
    This is absolutely the NFL's biggest question regarding Bridgewater, and some buzz has even placed him in the second-round as of late. Teams could be worried that Bridgewater's career could go in the path of early RGIII, in terms of injuries. The two are drastically different players in terms of style, with the main difference being RGIII has a frenetic behavior on the field while Bridgewater does not take unnecessary hits. With that said, Bridgewater breaks the mold of a black pocket passer who might be maxed out at 6'2/214 pounds. The NFL has historically struggled with players that offer unique blends of frame and style. Apr 5 - 4:16 PM
    Source: Ross Tucker Podcast
  16. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,505 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    I think Bridgewater presents the best option for us in terms of trade down value,some team may even swap the first rder and give us a 2nd rd pick too.
  17. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Benched

2,996 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    Only an idiot GM would do this. So yea, the Cowboys would.
  18. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,671 Messages
    152 Likes Received
  19. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I would draft Johnny Football at 16 in a heartbeat, but I would only consider TB in the second or later.