1. Are you a gamer? Come join us at GameNotOver.com
    If you are a gamer, then GameNotOver is your new home! Whether you are a PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, mobile or web gamer, you will find other gamers to talk with on GameNotOver where you can get help, share reviews of the latest games and gaming technology or even wax nostalgic over the gaming days of old. Come join us and help us grow GameNotOver into a wonderful community for gamers!
    Dismiss Notice

If This Is Romo's Final Game As A Cowboy. Going To Be Kinda Sad

Discussion in 'Quarterback Zone' started by Beast_from_East, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

8,944 Messages
    1,694 Likes Received

Final TD pass. Saw it in person. Thanks Tony.

2. CCBoy

CCBoy Benched

24,891 Messages
    5,504 Likes Received
    This may help some...http://thelandryhat.com/2017/01/04/dak-prescott-accurate-deep-passers/

After my military service, I was a Postal Worker and then worked Security...it was convenient. I was a first responder and now work as Security for Citgo here in Corpus.

23 year Veteran; 17 Postal; and 5 years ERT/Security Officer

Enjoyed the talk and look forward to reading from your posts...

3. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

24,355 Messages
    9,102 Likes Received
    Factually you are incorrect about Dak throwing more than 6 yards rarely.

4. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Staff Member

33,212 Messages
    7,807 Likes Received
    That particular game has become my acid test for other people's football knowledge. It's understandable that some people have poor or no understanding how injuries happen. That's a K-12 deficit. However, understanding sports does not require diplomas, degrees or even a GED.

I've started shaking my head and walking away from any discussion where Romo receives anything above minimal criticism connected with that game. If it's impossible understanding how the defense played a huge part in not securing that win, it is equally impossible comprehending how a late interception wasn't the biggest reason in the loss.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    PA Cowboy Fan and DFWJC like this.
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

33,499 Messages
    12,179 Likes Received
    Like I've always said. Who on Dallas played better than he did that day? The answer 100% for sure is "no one. He was Dallas' best performer that day"
    Maybe the best performer on either team.
    When the coaches graded the film, he for sure graded out better than anyone else as he was probably an A+ (or an A at the absolute very worst) he was amazing that day.

Oh well. Yes...it's a great football perspective filter.

dallasdave and DallasEast like this.
  6. Tejas25

Tejas25 New Member

11 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I don't think I am. There isn't really a stat on it so if you have that fact I'd like to see it. It's just what I watch every Sunday. I realize numbers indicate his yard per reception is higher than 6 yards. But I'll stand by "the ball is rarely in the air longer than six yards". Most of Beasley's routes are that 4 yard drag. He leads the the team in receptions. He dumps down to the backs...a lot. His deeper pass is typically that fake left roll right and hitting one of the receivers dragging across the field. Typically run that one once or twice a game. I did notice against Detroit it was in the air quite a bit longer. (but not quite sure where detroit was on that, regardless of the dallas game outcome they still had to beat GB the next week) I realize they are winning. I'm a Cowboys fan born and raised in Texas still fly down for a couple games a year for the past 20 years I have no vendetta. I'm thinking bigger picture it's difficult to consistently have long---many play drives like this. It's been a down year no really great teams so they have been living well. It's all irrelevant if Elliott runs for 120 a game and the defense gets 2 or 3 turnovers. It doesn't matter who is handing off the ball to him. But with this type of offensive scheme..it all needs to roll together.

7. DFWJC

33,499 Messages
    12,179 Likes Received
    I don't have it in front of me but this is a stat that is kept these days.
    They keeps stats on "air yards" or how many yards the ball is in the air before caught.
    Dak's is surprisingly high, from what I recall.

One of our resident stats guys (probably @percyhoward) will help you out soon enough.

dallasdave likes this.
  8. Tejas25

Tejas25 New Member

11 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    thanks I've got him as ranked 13th in the league at 4.65 air yard per attempt.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-air-yards/2016/

DFWJC likes this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

24,355 Messages
    9,102 Likes Received
    There are stats on it. You are simply incorrect.

10. Tejas25

Tejas25 New Member

11 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Yes, I've read twice you telling me I'm incorrect. I posted the stat above. Have a good day.

Cowboysfan917 likes this.
  11. jwitten82

jwitten82 Well-Known Member

2,198 Messages
    1,984 Likes Received
    Youre wrong

12. DFWJC

33,499 Messages
    12,179 Likes Received
    Last Mile for Tony

80s "hair band" :laugh: