1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If we didn't cut Will Allen, do we make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Feb 12, 2014.

1. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,881 Messages
    4,449 Likes Received
    That's a good question. We may have actually stopped a couple of drives and won another game or three. We weren't going anywhere with that defense unless they scored 50 ppg though.
  2. Bwareinrings94

Bwareinrings94 Active Member

571 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    I don't think he would have helped to rush the passer. Therefore, zero difference. Furthermore, any back 4 player changes to me would have zero difference.
  3. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Another garbage safety for the collection of garbage safeties would have made zero difference.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,567 Messages
    5,492 Likes Received
    Nope. He wouldn't have helped out with the front 7 challenges we had.
  5. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    If if's and buts were candy and nuts wouldn't it be a merry Christmas?

D. Meredith.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,851 Messages
    7,578 Likes Received
    I think he'd have made almost no difference in the outcome of the season. A really top flight S would have helped a lot, though. We still had huge problems along the DL, and were down to no options at MLB late in the season. Teams will exploit whatever weaknesses you put on the field on defense, and no pass rush late was a back breaker.
  7. rpntex

rpntex Active Member

274 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    No effect whatsoever. Our secondary could have consisted of Deion, Everson Walls, Charlie Waters, and Darren Woodson (in their prime, mind you), and been just as ineffective due to ZERO pass rush. Give a QB as much time as Dallas gave him this year, and every DB you could throw put there would have been toast.
  8. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,995 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,503 Messages
    9,655 Likes Received
    I don't know but had we not cut Allen, we wouldn't have been able to enjoy the "Where are all the Jeff Heath haters at now?" thread.

So it all worked out.
    McLovin, WoodysGirl and theSHOW like this.
  10. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    guilty. :D
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,417 Messages
    3,744 Likes Received
    As i said it is what it is. Would having a vet safety back there been a big help as opposed to 2 raw rookies? Yes likely so. As for the comments about Romo and Lee? yeah we would be better off with them than without them that is a no brainer. That did not happen and the end results are unknowns had they not been injured.
  12. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,975 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    As the little girl in Aliens said: "It won't make any difference."

http://goo.gl/GMqXW
    DallasEast likes this.
  13. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

2,304 Messages
    779 Likes Received
    Our defense went down hill after we cut him . Stats are facts . Defense was ranked high after we cut him we were horrid .
  14. Cumart21

Cumart21 Active Member

314 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    I hate "What Ifs"...
  15. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,744 Likes Received
    I agree because there is no true answer because if never took place. People can say no difference but fact is we don't know same for those who claim we would have made the playoffs we don't know. What we know is what did take place with the players who played.
  16. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    Will Allen was a spare who got benched for a rookie, and then cut presumably for a poor attitude.

He then went back to where his heart was with, the Steelers.

I don't wish him good riddance, but I'm sure not lamenting his release either. And no one with any good sense should either.
    Wheeltax and Chocolate Lab like this.
  17. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    just another garbage post about a guy who sat on the pine at Hines Field. Jerry only signed him because he knew during camp the youngins could watch a vet, but the vet was even more washed up than predicted so the Cowboys bagged him. And that is the end. No other team wanted to sign the washed up player. One thing I have observed is that once you loose a step or two you don't get it back...you lose another soon after
  18. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,200 Messages
    5,430 Likes Received
    Not prepared to say we would have won more than we did, but I have to think a veteran who has been on strong defense before could have helped in some of those situations where we needed stops.

Going with Heath was a sacrifice. We thought his athletic superiority would make up for our deficiencies, but his inexperience was killer at times.
    jobberone likes this.
  19. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,744 Likes Received
    That is your view and he did not sit in Pitt after being in Dallas and his play in limited action in Dallas was better than what Wilcox and Heath did. I don't know the outcome had he been with us there is no way of knowing what may have happened good or bad. To claim it is just stupid. Most games will turn on 1 or 2 plays that is the differance can a player make an impact to change a game of course they can. Again I don't know what may have happened fact is neither do you
  20. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,744 Likes Received
    Exactly. It would be foolish to say we would have been playoff bound with Allen back there just as much as it would be foolish to claim we would not have faired better. We simply do not know