1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If we didn't cut Will Allen, do we make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Feb 12, 2014.

1. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,971 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    zero more games...will allen is a player who stayed unemployed even after we cut him!!!

he wouldn't be the difference. the DL and injuries were.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,434 Messages
    3,754 Likes Received
    Int vs NY did not look so fricken bad. Again no claiming a HOF player but given the play of a rookie like Heath I would gladly take Allen and Pitt jumped on getting him back as soon as Dallas released him so thei views of him clearly differ from your own.
  3. Doomsday101

78,434 Messages
    3,754 Likes Received
    No he didn't Pitt claimed him and he played the rest of the season with them.
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,915 Likes Received
    I think the funniest thing last year was how the media guys praised Matt Johnson for making a big time tackle...and then followed it up with. "He gets up limping. Can't make this stuff up."
  5. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,996 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
    Amazing analysis. He was a good 7-8 yards away from the play and it was tipped to him. I mean yeah, he made the catch, but he was abused the entire game. After watching the film, it is clear why they weren't impressed with his play. He gave up a 57 yard play to Hakeem Nicks early, he gave up a 70+ yard TD to Cruz in the 2nd, he gave up an 18 yard TD to Cruz in the 3rd. He gave up over 150 yards and 2 TDs on his own. He was really bad. I suspect he wasn't much better in subsequent games, because he was released.
  6. Doomsday101

78,434 Messages
    3,754 Likes Received
    Pitt had no issue bringing him back this notion he sucks because you say so? Pitt felt different. the guys has been in the league 11 years you don't stay in the NFL because you suck. I love how computer crowd knows it all yet never did a damn thing themselfs but point fingers. I have never said he was an all pro but he is a vet he does know this game very well and if he was so lousy I doubt Pitt or anyone else would have picked him up
  7. CyberB0b

3,996 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
    The fact that you are resorting to personal attacks and hyperbole suggests you have no idea what you are talking about. He only started in 1 game with the Steelers last year and has only started 36 in his whole career. He is a dime a dozen backup player. He was replaced by a rookie who only played safety for one year in college. That should tell you all you need to know about Will Allen.

I can't believe we are arguing over the effectiveness of a journeyman backup player who was cut after 5 games with the team.
  8. Doomsday101

78,434 Messages
    3,754 Likes Received
    Because anyone to claim what would have happen is full of shat, none of us know what would happen. Could having a vet back there been a help sure he could have but we will never know. As for his talent he has been a solid player in the league for 11 season as soon as he was released Pitt picked him back up and he was a help to their defense.
    He was replaced by a rookie thus many are asking was that the best move because they did not do a good job and looked confused
  9. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Will Allen was trash.
  10. CyberB0b

3,996 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
    He was here for 5 weeks and stunk it up. The film don't lie.

He has been a solid backup for 11 years. He wasn't a starter and never has been. He started 1 season in the middle of career and hasn't done it since.

Will Allen looked worse than confused back there.
  11. Doomsday101

78,434 Messages
    3,754 Likes Received
    Yes coach, I guess Pitt does not know what they are doing. I'm shocked you are not running a team. LOL Players who stink do not play in the NFL for 11 years period but fans seem to know better. I find it funny people make claims of NFL player stink yet could not even come close to doing the job themselfs.
  12. CyberB0b

3,996 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
    So if I am not an NFL level talent, physically, I can't discuss them? Right....

Let me ask you this. How many games did Will Allen start for the Steelers this year? What about the year before?
  13. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,528 Messages
    1,220 Likes Received
    I remember that exact scenario...smh
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  14. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,971 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    oops. but then again, didn't do much up there neither.
  15. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,888 Messages
    4,456 Likes Received
    I agree. No way to predict more wins or losses. I remain intrigued by him.
  16. CyberB0b

3,996 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
    Heath wasn't our go to option. It was Wilcox, who got hurt. Allen was talking a lot of trash about the locker room when he left, so I suspect that in addition to his poor play, he had a poor attitude.
  17. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,465 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    At least 2
  18. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    Matt Johnson on one leg > Will Allen
  19. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received

We let go of Will Smith for Jeff Heath. JEFF HEATH! What does that tell you?

Jeff Heath > Will Smith > Will Allen
    CyberB0b likes this.
  20. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

653 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    THANK YOU. I can't believe this lunacy on this board that we need a safety before d line men. Teams are built from the inside out. We want to look to Seattle for drafting Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman but they drafted Red Bryant, Brandon mebane, Okung and Unger (linemen) first