1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If we lose to Denver...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by EndGame, Nov 23, 2005.

1. EndGame

EndGame Active Member

1,232 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Could we PLEASE not have 35 "sky is falling" threads? Dallas has this string of three games in 11 or 12 games every season, and you know what? The team has only won all three a couple of times. Not only are the players tired, they're going to be up against a consensus top team in the league. Being the realist that I am, I know there's at least a 50/50 chance the Cowboys are going to lose tomorrow. AND ... it wouldn't be the end of the world. The Giants are NOT going to win out, and the Redskins sure as hell aren't. Meanwhile, it seems like the other teams in the conference who are fighting for wild card spots are imploding.

So ... we can lose and all will not be lost. Let's not freak out about things.

That said ... I'll be setting my DVR so I can eat T'giving dinner AND watch the Boys in peace. I can't wait for this game!
  2. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    3 certanties in life:

1: Death
    2: Taxes
    3: Cowboyszone meltdowns

It's like stopping the tides my friend
  3. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,843 Messages
    1,646 Likes Received
    Noted .. I will add that to the forum guidelines .. No more than 34 "sky is falling" threads allowed on game day. :D :D :D

-Reality
  4. NovaCowboy

NovaCowboy Benched

634 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Please stop with these "No sky is falling" threads.

If we lose, I'll be in here crying like a baby with the rest of you.
  5. NovaCowboy

NovaCowboy Benched

634 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  6. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Interesting how you feel the need to control everyones emotions. Of all things to be worried about in life...you are worried about 35 “sky is falling” threads. Umm ok, happy thanksgiving.
  7. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,373 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    It's only a bad sign if we are destroyed in our own house on Turkey Day.

Anything else merely means we're 7-4 instead of 8-3.

A shoddy meltdown, ala Miami a couple T-day's ago, when even Roy was diving at Ricky Williams's ankles to avoid contact, would indicate that we're not ready for the playoffs, not that we won't make them.

Personally, I think we stand a pretty good chance of winning this game if the offense shows up. We'll need 17 points to keep it close...I think 20 points will win.
  8. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I have not seen 8-3 in a while. I know what 7-4 looks like; it looks like you are going to be 7-5 the next week. But 8-3? It has been a while since I have seen that in Dallas. I sure wouldn't mind seeing it on Friday.
    :pray2:
  9. bula

bula Member

177 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Dallas is NOT losing to Denver.
  10. Lifetimeboyzfan

Lifetimeboyzfan Active Member

1,117 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    No worries, we will have 1000 sky is falling threads... Even when we win!

:laugh2:
  11. Glenn Carano

Glenn Carano New Member

574 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not surprising at all. :D
  12. NovaCowboy

NovaCowboy Benched

634 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Happy Thanksgiving Glenn!

I promise I wont turn the tv off tomorrow during the game, I dont want to be struck by lightning. :grin:
  13. kingwhicker

kingwhicker BCRSA

3,290 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am going to personally guarantee no meltdown from me. I don't expect us to win this game, so it would only be gravy, actually, from this point on, everything is gravy as I only expected 7 to 9 wins.
  14. NovaCowboy

NovaCowboy Benched

634 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    come to the darkside King

together you and I can rule the entire board with our "sky is falling" posts

[IMG]
  15. CowboysFan28

CowboysFan28 New Member

113 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's a lot to ask. We have at least 100 sky is falling threads when we win.
  16. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Well-Known Member

4,261 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    I just want a good well played ballgame. I expect the cowboys to win every game they play. But some times you have to accept that they pay the other team too.
    Go Cowboys! :starspin
  17. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hey thanks for making excuses for them the day before the game

it isnt the end of the world if we lose...we might win the last 5 and finish 12-4, on the other hand if we get manhandled it probably is a strong indicator that our team isnt as good as the 7-3 record...

as for the 3 games in 11 or 12 days, memo to you...every team that plays on Thanksgiving always has 3 games in 11 or 12 days...it isnt just us, and further, we dont have to travel for the Thursday game

David
  18. sillycon

sillycon Active Member

820 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I guess I'll have to start only 33 threads then....
  19. EndGame

EndGame Active Member

1,232 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's called a "precuse".
  20. EndGame

EndGame Active Member

1,232 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have a lot of things to worry about. I just don't post about them on a Cowboys message board :loser: