1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If you like to read...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by CowboyMcCoy'sWife, Sep 3, 2010.

1. CowboyMcCoy'sWife

CowboyMcCoy'sWife New Member

110 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Half Price Books is having a sale for Labor Day weekend. Everything in the store is 20% off their already low prices. The sale is Thursday September 2nd - Monday September 6th.

What books do you guys/ladies like to read? I just finished the first book of the Millennium series, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It's a mystery book series based in Sweden. If you like mystery books you will probably like this one.

Also, if anybody wants to recommend any books that you have read and enjoyed please share them. I am always looking for a good book or series to read.
  2. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If they have Faulkner's Nine Stories, pick that up. He and Hemingway both should have stuck to short stories. They have such better shorts than full length novels.

On a Hemingway front, A Moveable Feast is definitely worthy of a read. That was his first book published posthumously.
  3. CowboyMcCoy'sWife

110 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks!
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,189 Messages
    1,540 Likes Received
    tom landry's autobiography :)

to keep it sports related...anything by Dave Zirin is great

and if you like scifi Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series is pretty epic
  5. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,588 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I wish I still lived in Dallas. I used to go to Half Price a lot, the main store down on Northwest Highway was awesome.
  6. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,909 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Yup. That's the one my wife and I go to. Then we go across the street to Henk's European Deli. Makes for a pretty good afternoon.
  7. CowboyMcCoy'sWife

110 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, I love that store. I could spend hours in there.