1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

If you were holding out hope...stop

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by NJ22, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    So the offseason fix for our awful play calling and historically bad defense is..... Wait for it... Stand pat! Saw on Bleacher Report that callahan will keep calling plays and according to dc.com kiffen is probably staying too. Hey Jerry go shove your team.
  2. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,374 Messages
    656 Likes Received
    They were 5th in the league in scoring with 439 pts. Had 4000 yds from the QB, 1000 yd rusher and a 1000 yd receiver and were efficient in the red zone, but otherwise cool story.
    Wheeltax, roughneck266 and TTexasTT like this.
  3. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Everything about this post is true, except for the cool story part.

Yet another cringeworthy thread. I guess if Im holding out hope for a quality thread I should.... stop.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,129 Messages
    4,328 Likes Received
    Not to mention setting a new league record for injuries (at least it seemed like it) on defense.
  5. etw926

etw926 Active Member

112 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I'm holding out hope that you stop posting.
  6. radioactivecowboy88

radioactivecowboy88 Active Member

495 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    Offense isnt the problem... its the defense
    mldardy likes this.
  7. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    oh... one day
    [IMG]
    radioactivecowboy88 likes this.
  8. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,458 Messages
    921 Likes Received
    True.

But the real issue is the talent on defense. At S, LB, and DL we had to play guys who would otherwise be on the couch.
  9. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,262 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    Agree but saying that, we could be better on offense, we have a good offense but the potential to have a great one.
  10. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Yep, I dont think it would take a whole lot either.
  11. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,553 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    I agree, we should stand pat, same coaches, same players. Ware and Miles have been good in the past, and Spencer was on the verge of breaking out, so we should bring him back. Hatcher actually broke out, we should at least franchise him. Garret is in year four of his OJT, and Kiffin won a SB with this defense. We were fifth in total offense, good enough for an 8-8 record, no changes needed there.
    visionary likes this.
  12. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,490 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    It saddens me to read this board because I see people getting their hope up that the right things will be done. But we have all been down this road before....Jerry marketing machine is working. He is changing nothing. You will get few token 2nd tier player & coaching moves.
  13. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,660 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    Exactly.
  14. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,699 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    I am holding out hope for health for the team, because with that, they are a playoff team each of the last two years (minimally)
  15. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,628 Messages
    277 Likes Received
    True but good coaching would take some of the pressure off by adjusting offensive game plans to help them. Parcell did it when our offense was weaker than the defense, the same could be done here to keep them from constantly having to make game saving stops. We know they were not capable of it but they refused to play ball control in situations they had the lead in even though the line and running backs are more than capable of doing it.
  16. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,997 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    The fact kiffins staying says it all. This organization isnt about winning. Just try enjoy what you can this has been and will continue to be a bottom 16 team.
    NJ22 and Alexander like this.
  17. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,458 Messages
    2,067 Likes Received
    8-8, what's not to like?

Rinse and repeat
    NJ22 and StarBoyz83 like this.
  18. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    One day we will win that ninth game and go on a Super Bowl run.

You'll see.
    NJ22 likes this.
  19. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,291 Messages
    4,837 Likes Received
    I heard about a guy back in he eighties that saw on the National Enquirer that Aliens had landed and were eating all humans. He is still hiding in his bomb shelter to this day.
  20. roughneck266

roughneck266 Well-Known Member

2,011 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    I dont see how you can give an honest evaluation of Kiffin without having half of the starting defense out there.
    Just because you're butthurt doesnt mean someone has to lose their job. I'm not happy about how the season went, but the reality is a lot of it was simply terrible luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.