1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I'm Being Summoned to Active Duty

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Aikbach, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    My friends,

Many of you know I am an assistant in Hollywood employed by Paramount Pictures; what you may not know is that I'm a reservist in the United States Army Reserve and a second lieutenant specialized in psychological operations.

I have been summoned from my day job by my country into active duty, I always knew this was a possibility and accept my duty.
    I will probably be a scant presence in the coming months as I am being briefed on a mission that my men and I will be preparing for in Afghanistan.
    I am not at liberty to discuss the date of my departure nor the nature of our mission but the Commander in Chief has called us to help route the Taliban and we accept.

So I likely won't be in the country for the coming election, I better get my absentee ballot.

I ask that you all keep the men in uniform in your prayers and use your conscience to decide the next commander in chief who we will obey and have to experience the transition of commanders in mid-campaign as I will still be deployed well into 2009.

Lives are at stake and good leadership is needed, we need to know that the fights we engage in at present will deter greater disasters in the future.

I will try to check in on the board when I have a moment but I will not be a regular anymore for some time.

I'm off to fight for my country, I may bleed, and I may die but the cause is just and honorable; if God preserves me no man can be against me but if He calls me home then that will be His will, so do not mourn as if you are those without hope should that come to pass. If I never return home to my country I will not be defeated by death's snare for long, I have hope in resurrection for my Savior already has been.

- Second Lt. Travis Speegle
    United States Army

(Aikbach)
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,900 Messages
    4,246 Likes Received
    As a former military (army) man, as is the case with many of us who post in the political zone, best wishes and stay safe man. And I hope you somehow get to play a part, no matter if it is big or small, in getting that scumbag OBL.

By the way check your PMs.
  3. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You're in my prayers Lieutenant.

Make sure you listen to you're NCO's, they'll keep you alive my friend.
  4. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wish you the best Travis, you were always one of the posters who I respected and enjoyed reading the most. You're presence on the board will be missed but I hope that your time of duty is short. Stay safe man.
  5. ZB9

ZB9 Active Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    God bless
  6. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Be safe and thank you.....also former Army
  7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,909 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Be safe and good luck with everything.
  8. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You are in my prayers......Thank you Sir for putting it on the line for me and my country.
  9. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,278 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Another former Army NCO here. Listen to your NCO's they know what they are doing, they will keep you safe and sound. You should have computer access most of the camps are pretty well set up with good coms. PM inbound.
  10. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    God bless and Godspeed...
  11. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    Aikbach ...... protect yourself and defend your brothers.

Do your duty and Come back safe.

Give us a line when you get settled ...... anything you need.
  12. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,116 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Good luck and stay safe.
  13. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't go if I was you. Best Wishes.
  14. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    God speed to you.

I really admire your dedication to our great country and I'm grateful for your service as well as to all the others here who have served and are serving! You all are examples that freedom isn't free!

I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
  15. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We look forward to having you back soon. May God protect you and the rest of the soldiers.
  16. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As has been stated, listen to the NCO's. Good luck and God speed, LT.

Former Navy Corpsman.
  17. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Lt., God bless and be safe. If you get some down time shoot us a note to let us know you are doing ok. Let us know if you need something. We're there for ya.

And thanks for serving.
  18. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,681 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    We're gonna miss you on the Zone man. Take care.
  19. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Godspeed, and thank you!

:)
  20. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,171 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Good luck man !!!!!