1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I'm rewatching the 1992 NFC Title game...

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by The30YardSlant, Jun 26, 2006.

1. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And at one point in the second period, if you turn the volume up you can literally hear a San Francisco O-Linemen yell "Oh ****!!!" as Dallas blitzes 7 men and 5 get through basically unblocked :lmao2:

Man, those were the days, an all-star at every front 7 position it seemed
  2. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,611 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    I have all the super bowl games, but dang you're lucky. How do I get a copy of that stuff?
  3. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,319 Messages
    1,385 Likes Received
    Yes, and watch Moose Johnston terrorize SF defenders all day long, especially Romanowski.

Rich.......
  4. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You can get them from Ebay, enter "Dallas Cowboys DVDs, you'll get games all the way back to the Ice Bowl
  5. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,611 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    Thanks... That would keep me busy until training camp..
  6. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've got about 20 or so games of my own on VHS, spanning 1990-2005. I had a tape going for the 1992 title game, but the VCR ate the tape midway through the game :mad:

I bought it off ebay for 10 bucks several years ago. Surprisingly good quality for a video over 10 years old.
  7. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,611 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    I would like to see the San Fran game leading us to our 1st SB victory in the nineties, and the game where we lost to San Fran Conference finals, but Aikman and Irvin put on a show. Those are the 2 I'd like...
  8. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received

And you still can't figure out any of the basic nuances of the game, right?
  9. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh1:

You're relentless, I'll give you that. Obsessive, but relentless....
  10. MONT17

MONT17 New Member

3,269 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I recall Madden giving the Player of the game to MOOSE... Moose owned them!!! I alson recall the Cowboys blitzing while Ike Holt was chasing down Jerry Rice on the 3rd play of the game... Boys didnt blitz much after that!!!

Emmitt had a great game... Jimmy going for it on 4th and goal was CLASSIC Jimmy Johnson!!!

Harper made plays too...
  11. PakiPride

PakiPride Benched

405 Messages
    0 Likes Received

ud get roundhouse kicked you old 40 year old bastid
  12. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received

:wink2:

[IMG]
  13. WilmingtonHeel

WilmingtonHeel Member

910 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love that game. I remember hearing Brad talk about Alvin's brother signing autographs before the game thinking he was Alvin himself. Emmitt was the best player on the field that day. Big Erik was dominate, Kevin Smith just a rook was not afraid of Mr. Rice. Harper to the races!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Okay, that is funny stuff :lmao2:
  15. JJHLH1

JJHLH1 Active Member

236 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    My wife gave me a DVD for Christmas a few years ago. Maybe 2003. It had highlights of the Dallas Cowboys starting from the inception in 1960 right up until near present day (2003 or so - obviously not many highlights recently except for Emmett surpassing Walter Payton).

Anyway, the DVD had a bonus disc which featured the entire 1992 NFC Championship game, the one played in San Francisco against the 49er's. I love that DVD since it features my all time favorite sports play, the slant pass from Aikman to Harper which went for 70 yards late in the 4th quarter to essentially seal the game.
  16. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    That had to be one of the sweetest Cowboy victories that I've ever witnessed.........and I had the pleasure of watching every Superbowl victory.

I quess I see that win as some type of pay back for "the catch".
  17. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,611 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    I was at the big Pep rally that Jerry Jones threw for free at Texas Stadium. I was like the 3rd person in line, out of tens of thousands of people waiting. What a great time in Cowboy history...
  18. parchy

parchy Active Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Speaking of NFC Championship games, I'm watching the '95 one right now, and I'll be damned if Erik Williams wasn't the meanest ****er who ever suited up. He cut blocked a GB DT and took him out of the game, not to mention clubbing Reggie White and Gilbert Brown (who outweighed EW by at least 10 pounds) numerous times. He got away with almost everything.

The swagger those teams had was unbelievable. Between Deion prancing everywhere, Michael doing his thing (I'd forgotten how wild everybody got when he did his little first down dance), E-Dub doing basically whatever he wanted... that's probably why I'm so excited to see TO this year. This team is in dire need of an edge and some personality. I'm ready.
  19. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    It is fun to go back and watch some of those old games.