1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Imagine this team next year with a better OL & T.O.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Wolverine, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Wolverine

Wolverine Zimmer Hater

2,467 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We beat a very good team today. Just imagine this. If we can improve the OL to open up a better running game and protect Bledsoe better and we add Terell Owens....not even the Colts will beat us.

Things I really hope for is that Steven Peterman is fully recovered from his injuries and can really take over for Rivera which should not be tuff at all. And if Pettiti is not improving any I hope that Tucker has improved nuff to give us a good tackle there.

Add LeCharles Bently and we have a top Center and our OL is lookin very good. See if we can work out something to get T.O. over here and we are talkin #6 next year.
  2. Lifetimeboyzfan

Lifetimeboyzfan Active Member

1,105 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    That would be the stuff!
  3. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wolverine, Parcells has already said publically Dallas will not sign TO, so you can let it go.
  4. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    We'd be a team being torn apart by an egomanic wr.
  5. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I have a piece of land for ya.......
  6. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you're gonna make an asinine comment with no bearing on the situation, at least get it right:

"I've got some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you"

:rolleyes:
  7. Wolverine

Wolverine Zimmer Hater

2,467 Messages
    0 Likes Received

What do you expect BP to say. As soon as T.O. is released he will be a Cowboy. ANd get tampering chargers. Of course he is gonna say he aint interested in T.O. He aint gonna let anyone know what he really thinks.

You could be right and we will not get him but you could also be very wrong. One thing I do know is that NOBODY in the forum knows were BP really stands on the T.O. thing and we wont know till he is either a Cowboy or somewhere else.
  8. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,878 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Im not a religious man, but I do pray that never happens.
  9. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    And if he was interested BP wouldn't have said a thing.
  10. DallasKnight

DallasKnight New Member

639 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The better O-Line, I'll give you. The T.O. part of it, is pure shyte. No T.O. is not coming here.
  11. Cogan

Cogan Active Member

1,479 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Well, this thread started out with promise, until TO was mentioned. I DO agree with a couple of things, though. We did beat a very good team today, and we did it coming from behind. A couple of positive items of note:

The rookie defensive linemen; Spears, Canty, etc. are looking like they are starting to 'get it'. I should have mentioned Ware, because he is being used, or should I say, used up, playing the DE position. I see him at that position by far more than any other. That is called not playing to your player's strength. Although several times big De held his own against an All-Pro who has 75lbs on him, he doesn't belong on the end, fighting off men that size. He is an OLB who should be moved out further, & to both sides of the ball to mix things up. He should be involved in stunts that free him up to use his super-human quickness, not taking up double-teams to free up teammates who still don't get to the QB.

Anyway, our Oline stood up & took numbers. They showed true grit. However, Wolverine has a point about bringing in fresh Olinemen. The upcoming draft has more quality OLTs than in the last decade. We need to take advantage of this, and grab a Marcus McNeil, or Andrew Whitworth to anchor the left side for the next 10 yrs. No telling if Adams comes back. I don't know if Bentley is a FA next yr., but if he is, we should grab him. Another OG in the draft wouldn't hurt my feelings either.
  12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,592 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    This is real football not Madden 200X...there are real problems with signing the TO's of hte world. Watch football.
  13. Wolverine

Wolverine Zimmer Hater

2,467 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    T.O. is gonna be a Cowboy. Dont worry. After his 3rd or 4th TD catch and we look unbeatable T.O. will win you over. If we get T.O. I will find a way to get a little extra $$$ for a T.O. jersey.
  14. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    TO could have 20 td's in the first game and he'll never win me over.
  15. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's because you are 15 and are impressed by flash and the fact that he is a big name. You dont yet grasp the team aspect.
  16. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    or perhaps this is the NFL and being that it's week 14 of the 2005 NFL season it's really hard to say what's going to happen in 2006 because simply, you can't and no one knows.
  17. DallasKnight

DallasKnight New Member

639 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We think alike on this point Yeagermeister. T.O. will never be on my Christmas card list. I'll root for the Cowboys, and if T.O. is on the team, I'll root for someone to break his leg on EVERY play.
  18. Wolverine

Wolverine Zimmer Hater

2,467 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I could just see it now. T.O. is signed by Dallas and by week 12 we are 11-0 and T.O. has 1300 yards and 14 TD catches already. And HeavyHitta is runnin around in a T.O. jersey and is his biggest fan saying I wanted T.O. all along.
  19. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If I bought one, it would be to burn it
  20. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,427 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    (repeating to myself)

goose-fraba

goose-fraba