In one word, off-season to date - Risky

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kiheikiwi, Mar 17, 2017.

1. kiheikiwi

kiheikiwi Maui No Ka Oi

1,566 Messages
    613 Likes Received
    Nah nah, yea yea ...

2. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

2,257 Messages
    633 Likes Received
    You wen Punahou foreal kine???

3. haleyrules

haleyrules Well-Known Member

6,592 Messages
    17,484 Likes Received
    Garrett and friends are always outcoached when it counts. McCarthy is an NFL caliber HC and must be drooling when gets a matchup against Garrett.

dreghorn2 and LocimusPrime like this.
  4. haleyrules

haleyrules Well-Known Member

6,592 Messages
    17,484 Likes Received
    Prime. They still have a chance in 2 or 3 yrs. But, its the maximum time frame! This next season wasn't winnable even if they loaded up and mortaged the future. Maybe, they are waiting for New England to run its natural course!!;)!

LocimusPrime likes this.
  5. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

8,634 Messages
    18,462 Likes Received
    I think you might be right sir. Lol
    :dance::dance::dance:

haleyrules likes this.
  6. kiheikiwi

kiheikiwi Maui No Ka Oi

1,566 Messages
    613 Likes Received
    Naw bro, Maui boy these last 16 years.

Tass likes this.
  7. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

980 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Church was good in the box but was a liability in pass coverage and Wilcox was the same guy , and last year only one started at a time. Heath is just like them but has better speed. Mo has what 6 good games and got hurt AGAIN. Brown stepped up and I thought the defense played better with him than Mo. Carr who I like but really isn't the zone corner we need.. So here is a definition of insanity "doing the same thing over and over , expecting different results." I would have felt more comfortable if we would have kept a couple of them, but not at the prices they got. Dallas has , in the past overpaid for guys and got bit in the butt over it. So ....there are a lot of really good dbs in this draft and we still have free agency out there to fill in some holes on depth. I understand the anxiety but before we throw in the towel for 2017 lets see who we bring in, because the guys we lost were talented who got hurt all the time or average talent that isn't that hard to replace

8. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

5,906 Messages
    2,752 Likes Received
    yeah he is 2-0 with JG in playoffs.

haleyrules likes this.
  9. Floaty

Floaty The Labeled One

4,822 Messages
    2,605 Likes Received
    2016 was a mirage:rolleyes:

10. erod

erod Well-Known Member

15,752 Messages
    16,666 Likes Received
    I'm not so sure about that. This team struggled in the division last year.

11. Idgit

Idgit That sounds really boring Staff Member

44,815 Messages
    28,632 Likes Received
    I guess we'll see. Division games are often tight. We were the class of the East last year, though. I haven't seen anything significant enough change to change that storyline.

Maybe the Giants close the gap, though I don't really like what they've done with their free agency choices so far, either. The Eagles have a lot of work to do, and the Sk*ns are a dumpster fire right now.

12. erod

erod Well-Known Member

15,752 Messages
    16,666 Likes Received
    Dallas was 3-3, and easily could have been 0-6. Giants just need a running game. Not worried about the Marshall signing, nor the Jeffrey signing in Philly.

We've regressed, but we'll see what the whole plan looks like soon. I suspect they are quietly treating this as a rebuilding year to some extent.

13. Idgit

44,815 Messages
    28,632 Likes Received
    Not really. The PHI game we lost because we didn't play our starters. And you can't say our 3 victories were almost losses without acknowledging that both Giants losses were very nearly wins.

I don't think we'll have regressed when it's all said and done, and I don't buy that they're treating it as a rebuilding year. There's no reason to do that. We're doing what we always do, with the notable differences being that a lot of the ending contracts happened to be with DBs, and we've got a longtime starter retiring on us which is not necessarily the case every offseason.

Giants need more than a running game. All the teams in the NFCE have holes, Dallas is no exception. But, with the exception of Leary, the guys we're losing are guys we've all complained about not being good enough in the first place.

14. erod

erod Well-Known Member

15,752 Messages
    16,666 Likes Received
    It all smells very 9-7ish to me.

Noclaf likes this.
  15. Idgit

44,815 Messages
    28,632 Likes Received
    You never really know from one season to the next.

The only thing that makes me uncomfortable is having the RT retire, too. If we were just replacing a bunch of ok players on defense, I'd be fine with that, since OK players aren't all that hard to find and because I really do think we'll be adding a lot of defensive talent from this year's draft. But having to replace a key offensive starter, too, makes things tougher.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  16. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

8,861 Messages
    1,866 Likes Received
    They ve been saying that for years. In fact this was a really good year for Dallas, they get close, and than decide "we ll we are close, why not blow things up and see what happens" So yes there will be frustration but to the point, people are going to have to learn maybe this team isnt in it to win it anymore. Its possible when you string 20 years of not doing much. The last time we were relevant VCRs were around. At some point you have to question something. ITs real odd that this team is only 1 to 3 good players away and now they want to rebuild the defense plus keep an old DC around that way when he does hang it up in a few years, they have an excuse because they have to get another person in. seems real odd.

17. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

5,906 Messages
    2,752 Likes Received
    lol that is the genius of the jones boys at work !:bow:

Noclaf, LocimusPrime and ShiningStar like this.
  18. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

8,634 Messages
    18,462 Likes Received
    Janky

The offseason has been Janky so far. But I have hopes that it goes from Janky to junky and then from junky to funky.

:dance::dance::dance:

haleyrules and ShiningStar like this.
  19. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

8,861 Messages
    1,866 Likes Received

you ll know you are right when they start playing "funky cold medina" at the stadium.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  20. Noclaf

Noclaf Member

48 Messages
    23 Likes Received

How do you close the gap on a team you beat twice?????