1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

In order to return to success, the Cowboys must fail this season

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheFinisher, Oct 3, 2012.

1. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,500 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    Here's why.... Jerry has hinted many times throughout the off-season that the window is closing on this team. When he said that he did NOT mean the window was closing due to players getting older, but rather because his patience was wearing thin. The thought of blowing this team up has crossed his mind last off-season, probably more than once, and in order for us to finally turn the page and be rid of the losing regime of Garrett, Romo and co. we need to fail convincingly.

There are some great young pieces to build around; Lee, Carter, Claiborne, Carr, Tyron, and Murray.

As a diehard fan it kills me to have to root for my team to lose, but it's the only way to climb back to prominence. It will be way more exciting watching a young team grow, develop and build than it is watching the same cast of aging characters continue to keep us stuck in this black hole of mediocrity.

I know I'll probably get flamed by the majority of fans who still want to believe we can win a title with our current core, but deep down you know that's never gonna happen and the sooner we hit the reset button the better.
  2. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,406 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    How do you know he meant his patience was wearing thin ?
  3. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,418 Messages
    477 Likes Received
    This season for sure will be a failure. They just need to use is a rebuild. And too also dissect the holes we have and hopefully fix them next year. Ya rite lol
  4. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    sorry, but the Cowboys have failed for almost 20 years.. What has changed?
  5. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    No tthats not what I believe Jerry meant at all. The window is closing because several key members ate getting older. When a lot your team is low 30's or older then your window is closing.

Sometimes you guys jump to the weirdest conclusions and post it as fact
  6. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Fail would mean they never had a chance or made the playoffs which is not the case they have come up short the last 16 years they had chances they failed to capitalize on those chances
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,043 Messages
    786 Likes Received

:lmao2:

Wow ...... this place.
  8. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,620 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao:
  9. Smashin222

Smashin222 Member

554 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    well said.
    Can you imagine if this place were a real bar?
    Saddest place on Earth
  10. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,620 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    :lmao:

A bunch of drunk men, spilling their hearts out. Just sad, and ready to give up on life.
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,477 Likes Received
    Flawed premise. Every year is ground hogs day with this front office.
  12. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,401 Messages
    2,238 Likes Received
    And who will be picking the talent needed to return to the top?
  13. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow so now you're rooting for the Boys to lose? :rolleyes: :banghead:

Good grief people.
  14. weaver21

weaver21 Active Member

685 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    I would like to see the team rebuild eventually and the OP is right, this team will not a Super Bowl. Sorry, but it's the truth. Every team that has won a Super Bowl has either had a strong defensive front or a strong offensive line or possibly have both, and guess what people... we have neither of them. Until we strengthen one or both of those areas, we will not win anything in this league.
  15. egn22

egn22 Well-Known Member

874 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    i think what the OP is saying is that we aren't going to win enough games to make a serious playoff runner regardless of what happens because the coaching staff is incompetent.

If you remember how the Wade Phillips situations went down, Jerry was incredibly loyal up until the very end when the team obviously quit on him. As loyal as Jerry was to Wade, he's even more loyal to Garrett since that's been his pick for HC from day one. The only way Garrett will be removed is if the team has a complete meltdown and just does a horrible job this year. It would require fans and the media absolutely demanding a change.
    Anything short of that and we will have Garrett here next year. and probably the year after, regardless of if we make the playoffs or not.

With all of that being said, as much as i'd like to see Garrett get booted out of here, i find it incredibly difficult to root against them when its game time. i just can't do it.
  16. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    No matter what, I want my team to win every football game they play. That's literally the ONLY reason you support a team and watch them play.

Doesn't make any sense whatsoever to want to lose games because you want to win them so bad.

I know we've played bad, and I'm just as upset as everyone else, but c'mon people, we're only 2-2. Why don't we wait til 2-7 to start threads like this.
  17. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,596 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    Yes. 2-2 guarantees failure.
  18. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Well-Known Member

1,384 Messages
    559 Likes Received
    Exactly. The only way Jerry ever gives up his GM role is if this team goes 0-16 for 2, maybe 3 consecutive seasons. Then he just might realize something.

However, I doubt it though. He would probably blame the coaches.
  19. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,167 Messages
    2,339 Likes Received
    Wrong.

We already hit bottom at 1-7 right before Wade got fired. It's been a steady, but slow, upward climb since.

Got rid of aging veterans in decline. Changing the culture within. Rebuilt the secondary. Replaced both middle linebackers. Couple good drafts in a row.

Now rebuilding the offensive line and a defensive lineman, and this should be good to go. (Couple of decisions on Spencer, Jenkins, Dez, etc, to address as well.)

The problem is Jerry. Can we keep him distracted in the playroom long enough to get it turned around?
  20. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,418 Messages
    477 Likes Received
    How about being 2/7 3/6 going into week 11 will thst guarantee it??? Its most likely gonna happen