1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ingram overtaking Upshaw?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheCount, Jan 26, 2012.

1. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,654 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    It's starting to look more and more like Ingram will be the 3-4 OLB off the board first, which is probably not good news for us, because that first guy will be off the board by 14 in my opinion.

The Bills are going to snatch one of these guys up, I prefer Ingram to Upshaw personally but I could be wrong. Upshaw is no slouch, but I have this odd feeling this is like Ware/Merriman all over again. One of these guys will be a star and the other may show flashes, but probably won't live up to the selection.

Or am I reading this all wrong?

If, at the combine, Ingram puts up better #'s than Upshaw, I think it's a wrap.
  2. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,372 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    i have been saying the same thing,somebody will take him ahead of us(maybe the Bills).
  3. Sledge

Sledge New Member

34 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd perfer Ingram also...

Upshaw is to slow for coverage duties....interesting rusher... I wouldnt take him with a first round pick...
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,793 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    I envision Upshaw as a Carl Banks type talent in the NFL. Plays the run better than Spencer and rushes the passer about the same. Nothing wrong with it, just not sure I want it at 14. I think Ingram is the better pass rusher and is gone ahead of 14.
  5. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,576 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    I think Ingram goes ahead of us, barring a draft season blunder. Maybe top 10 depending on what happens over the next couple months
  6. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I said this a month ago. But no one listens.

I like Upshaw but he isn't even the best LB on his own college team.
    Donta Hightower is a better overall LB.
  7. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

30,993 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    Just vote "no" to any 3-4 OLB taken at 14.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,914 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    I would not take either one of them in the first.
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,654 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    I'm all in on DeCastro at #14, so to be, either one of these guys is a drop off but it's worth noting based on our situation with Spencer.
  10. rester

rester Benched

45 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    well the only 2 I would consider at 14 are

Decastro or Ingram

but if both are gone I go CB
  11. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Should it matter if know one 'listens' to, or 'agrees' with our stated opinion on a message board? That's right there with the way over used 'is it just me?, or am I the only one?' platitude. You have an opinion like everyone else that posts here. It's okay when others see things differently.
  12. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I tend to agree. Unless someone falls (Luck, Blackmon, Kalil, Griffin, Claiborne, Martin) it's DeCastro or trade at 14 or at least that's how I'm feeling at this stage.
  13. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Frankly all those Alabama guys scare me a little bit just because the collective unit was so dominant it can cause you to overrate the individual parts. Not unlike the Miami Hurricanes defense in 2002/2003 when you had Phillip Buchannon, William Joseph and Jerome McDougal going in the first round.
  14. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There is no 3-4 OLB worth taking in the top 15.

This is a weak, weak year for them. We'll get a better one in the first round next year regardless of where we pick in the top 32.