1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Instant impact 4 round mock with trade back

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by tm1119, Apr 18, 2011.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,930 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    We trade our 1st and 5th to the Jags for their 1st(18), 2nd, and 4th.

1st round- RT Gabe Camiri- ready to step in and start from day 1. Doesn't have the highest ceiling, but he'll do exactly what we need which is play a solid RT.

2nd round(a)- CB Ras-I Dowling- he's a top 25 pick if he doesn't get hurt last year. None of the injuries were long term so this makes this a good value pick. Hes ready to contribute to our shaky secondary from day 1.

2nd round(b)- NT Kenrick Ellis- has the size and strength to be an impact on our line from the start. Having him allows Ratliff to play outside making our run defense great.

3rd round- OG John Moffit- polished as they come. Wouldnt surprise me if he could beat out Davis in camp.

4th round(a)- C/OG Kristofer O'Dowd- backup C/swing guard with potential.

4th round(b)- RB Johnny White- Barber is all but gone and we need his replacement. White is a very hard runner that was probably under utilized at UNC but averaged 5.5 ypc and 12 ypc.
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,678 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    I'm not interested in O'Dowd at all (or taking a RB except as a late pick), but I like the first 3 picks.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,822 Messages
    2,923 Likes Received
    Drop O'Dowd off of that...especially in the 4th.

Guy has had multiple problems with his knee(s).
  4. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Jacksonville is picking 16. Not sure if that messes up your trade as far as value.
  5. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,930 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    Crap, guess I should have checked that. But if anything that gives us a pretty good shot at Castonzo who is probably a better prospect anyway. Don't think it eliminates us getting the same package as I originally listed though. The
    Jags 1st, 2nd, and 4th is worth 1470 and our 1st and 5th is worth 1388. At worst we would have to give up a 4th or 5th next year which is still worth it in my eyes.