1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Irvin is on NFLN's "Game Changers" right now

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Tass, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,890 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Jeez...Irvin sure is intense. Why is he not coaching somewhere?
  2. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    Because it is easier and more profitable to do what he is doing right now.
  3. Alexander

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    Instant loss of credibility.

They actually have Geno Smith on this program throwing passes to these prospects.
  4. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,670 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Smh!!
  5. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

2,592 Messages
    1,531 Likes Received
    Everyone he is throwing to is better than who he threw to this year.
  6. Mansta54

9,670 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Love the "Playmaker" and could watch him all day. His intensity, passion, knowledge, and the way he conveys his message keeps your attention. One of my All Time favorites.
    cml750, Seven, casmith07 and 2 others like this.
  7. Alexander

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    No doubt. I love how he takes a psychological approach. People think he was just some physical monster/freak. He really wasn't.

His mental framework and how much he feared losing drove him to be as great as he was.

If you could replicate his approach to the game and to competition and field an entire team with how he approached the game, it would be next to impossible to lose very many games.
    JPostSam and jnday like this.
  8. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    I have no idea how the idea begun. .

But being intense, hard ***, screamer doesn't equate to good leader /coach
    DFWJC and Chocolate Lab like this.
  9. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,171 Messages
    1,939 Likes Received
    Right, because as we all know, this game isn't based on intimidation and losing your assignment or your job.
    jnday likes this.
  10. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,464 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    Yeah....ABSOLUTELY loved Michael Irvin, as a Player.
  11. kevinhickey

kevinhickey Member

321 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Jerry needs to hire M. Irvin to work with our receivers.
  12. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Michael is not coaching material...he likes the limelight of broadcasting and is being successful at it....why go to the grind of coaching, most coaches retire to do what he's doing now
  13. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    Ok.

screaming and yelling doesn't help players fundamentally. ..
  14. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

5,514 Messages
    984 Likes Received
    I'm glad you said "knowledge". I think a lot of people overlook his knowledge of the game because he is so animated and passionate.
  15. Mansta54

9,670 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Those people are clueless then cause he most certainly knows the game and knows it well. Mike is extremely knowledgeable.
  16. Mansta54

9,670 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Screaming and yelling is one form of getting your point across though, some of my best coaches we're extremely vocal and loud and yes, of course it helped you focuse on the fundamentals being taught.
  17. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,288 Messages
    2,709 Likes Received
    You're right, it doesn't.

Like any organization, success is based on having a multitude of personalities with different strengths and weaknesses.

Also, one leadership style does not resonate with everyone the same. True leadership is knowing what drives each person.
  18. Mansta54

9,670 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    [quote"GloryDaysRBack, post: 5505553, member: 286"]I have no idea how the idea begun. .

But being intense, hard ***, screamer doesn't equate to good leader /coach[/quote]

Well, if you know anything about the Cowboys you would know that Mike is one of the hardest workers ever to wear the STAR. His work ethic was relentless. His hard *** way and loud voice was only part of his game, his desire and extreme passionate work ethic preceded them both. All that combined along with his knowledge and experience of the game would give him a excellent shot at being a helluva coach if he choose to be one. We already know what kind of leader he was, the best.
    casmith07 likes this.
  19. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,616 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    Irvin isn't coaching because being a WR coach doesn't pay nearly as much as he can make elsewhere and you have to work like 80 hours a week for 9 months of the year. He can make 10 times the money while only working a fraction of the time. It would be cool to see him come to camp for a few weeks as a consultant or something like that but he'll never be a full time coach until he no longer worried about how much money he makes.
  20. Alexander

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    After watching that show, I know now there are two of the receivers I hope we do not draft, those being Benjamin and Robinson. T.J. Jones seemed a little like a pretty boy. Landry has the mentality I would value.