1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Is Chris Berman For Real?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by VACowboy, Sep 24, 2005.

1. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,741 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    He picks SF by a score of 28-27 ard says he's not going to explain himself. Does he really want to be right on these picks or impart intelligent insight? I mean, I can see him picking SF in an upset, but 28-27? It's readily apparent that this dood has a massive hardon for the Niners or something. Very professional. But then, he's always been this way. He's prolly predicting a Buffalo/San Fran Super Bowl.
  2. BoysFanInAustin

BoysFanInAustin Member

306 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Berman probably picked that score, cause that was the same score of "The Catch" game, and he still can't let go.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,899 Messages
    1,790 Likes Received
    I was wondering when someone was going to say something. I'm surprised it took this long.
  4. DipChit

DipChit New Member

1,594 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He just likes being silly with that Swami gig. He doesnt truly think thats going to be the final score. He picked that just for fun because it was the score of The Catch game.

All he's really doing is predicting based on the spread. Even at that, he doesnt care if he's wrong. But if the Niners do cover, then in essence his prediction is "correct" from a betting perspective.
  5. garrett316

garrett316 5 against 1 Zone Supporter

2,551 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Chris Berman's a ****** bag. He loves the Niners. His schtick is so tired.
  6. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,741 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    What's the spread?

And I agree, Berman's entire act is old. He's way beyond the overexposure that got Musberger canned at CBS.
  7. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Chris Berman is the biggest Niner Homer in the USA.......it's no secret and he has never tried to hide that fact. Why do you think we see "The Catch" 5000 times a year.
  8. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    He picks the Niners vs. the Bills in almost all his preseaon SB picks. He's a giant ***clown
  9. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,638 Messages
    4,904 Likes Received
    I would really like to see Chris Berman be a hurricane reporter and watch it blow his cheap toupee off.
  10. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,571 Messages
    841 Likes Received

He and Al Michaels might wrestle over that honor. Of coarse, it would likely end up in a lip lock :laugh2:
  11. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,638 Messages
    4,904 Likes Received
    Perhaps, but I think Michaels would be more aggressive in a fight with Madden to see who gets to smooch Brett Favre's butt next.

In fact, I think we could get a 20-man over the top rope battle royal going for that honor.
  12. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,571 Messages
    841 Likes Received

Very True. That's all I can say :bow:
  13. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,543 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    The only thing that is equally as predictable as Berman pimping his Niners or Bills is the people here who then immediately start ranting about his bias. As if its a shocking development... and we should really care... :rolleyes:
  14. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,899 Messages
    1,790 Likes Received
    Indeed - it's a weekly thing around here.
  15. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Noshame....Alexander

:hammer:
  16. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He always picks the Niners & Bills for the SB. He is so blatantly biased it is pathetic. The fact that he is a total moron is a given, how he keeps his job is the real question but then it is ESPN and they have kept Joe Theisemann in the booth all these years and he totally sucks.
  17. 31RoyW31

31RoyW31 Member

141 Messages
    2 Likes Received

My sentiments exactly.
  18. Wolverine

Wolverine Zimmer Hater

2,467 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If any 49er ever came to a sudden stop Chris Bermans head would go right up their butt.

If you go to 49erHaters.com known as 9erHaterSociety you just have to click on the 49er Butt Kisser link they have. They have Chris Berman ranked as the #1 49er butt kisser.

I would love it if Keyshawn gets a TD catch and he runs to the middle of the 49er field and spikes the ball on their helmet. Just known how much that would piss off Berman would be to sweet.
  19. bobtheflob

bobtheflob New Member

1,768 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not bothered by his bias at all because I don't think anybody actually takes him seriously. I just don't like him because he wastes my time whenever he's on tv. His top 10 plays on sportscenter always suck because he tries to be overly sentimental. I hope espn gets smart soon and dumps him.
  20. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    He'll be on espn until he croaks :D