1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is E-Lie Still Better Than Romo?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,736 Messages
    1,957 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

How would anybody who thinks Romo is better look silly?

Up to this point E-Lie looks pretty silly this year. How did he look the day before this thread was started?

Things can change, so if E-Lie gets another miracle it doesnt change what he did last Sunday, or the rest of this season, or even his career. It just means he got another lucky opportunity that went his way. He'll still be the same ole goofball that makes a ton of bonehead plays.
  2. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,223 Messages
    1,004 Likes Received
    Any FAN who judges Romo and Eli week to week looks silly. No one was thinking about how Eli looked the day before this thread was started you were the only one living in the moment. Everyone else was disappointed about the loss to the Saints while you were drooling over Romo's numbers in a losing effort comparing them to Eli's. :rolleyes: Only a silly FAN would start a thread asking everyone if they think Eli is still better than Romo when they weren't even facing each other. The last time they did face each other Romo tossed 4 int's which QB did you think was better then? You probably still thought it was Romo because he passed for over 400 yards and 4 TD's. :laugh2: Both Eli and Romo make boneheaded plays but Eli has been able to avoid them in the games that matter most while Romo hasn't. His 9 turnovers in 6 do or die games back that up. The stats show that in do or die games Eli has been a better QB than Romo.

Romo has turned the ball over 17 times when facing Eli compared to 11 turnovers for Eli. Eli has a head to head advantage over Romo including wins in 2 do or die games. If you want to live week to week then Romo has better than Brees, Brady, Rodgers and Roethlisberger during certain weeks. Neither Eli or Romo have had great years neither were selected to the Pro Bowl. The bottom line is until Romo has some playoff success he'll always be rated behind Eli and other QB's who've had playoff success. Same for Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford playoff success is how QB's are judged...deal with it!
  3. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Sigh. I could actually see this happening too.
  4. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,664 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    WOW!!! Kudos to all the work you're doing researching this subject, without reading any further I have to say no matter how much fact you put out there someone will have a rebuttal. Not that it can change any of our minds but none the less they will try.

As of yet I haven't seen any one with a post as fact filled and on point as what you have been saying to support your point of view. (Which happens to be mine) :D
  5. KJJ

11,223 Messages
    1,004 Likes Received

Highly unlikely I believe they need 3 teams to lose while they win but you never know anything is possible. Everyone keeps bringing up luck but the Cowboys are pretty darn lucky to have a chance at winning the division tomorrow as bad as things looked for them a few weeks ago. They've been lucky the last 2 seasons to have a chance at the division title in the finale week of the season having only 8 wins heading in. Rarely does 9-7 win a division title.
  6. WPBCowboysFan

5,736 Messages
    1,957 Likes Received
    He loves the stats. But as they say, stats are like a bikini. They reveal a lot, but they hide the most important stuff.

The eye test is part of the equation as well. That is, watching the game, the team, the other team, and the actual play of the individual QB. When one does this, E-Lie never comes out ahead of Romo! Never!

So, with all of his posts, stats and arguments he still ends up with a big fat ZERO!

0+0=0
  7. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

753 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    Sometimes I can't understand the dynamics on this forum.

You guys are going to play a very important game in less than 24 hours and this topic has always been in the first page of the Main Forum. Interesting :)
  8. KJJ

11,223 Messages
    1,004 Likes Received
    FANS (homers) don't do research or post facts to support their views their opinions are based totally on their homerism. They don't bother googling anything they just post what they feel in their heart and hit submit. Many of them end up looking foolish by those who are willing to do the legwork to prove them wrong. I've posted numerous links from ESPN, NFL.com and many other sources backing my position only to have some FAN scoff and continue on with nonsense.

I don't engage in any debate unless I've thoroughly researched a topic and have stats and links that support my opinions. It's unfortunate that passionate, long time Cowboy fans like myself have their fandom questioned for being honest, unbiased and objective even though we have stats and facts to support are opinions. I know from some of the PM's I've received that a lot of fans want to read honest, unbiased opinions and I know from some of the other PM's I've received some don't. lol
  9. KJJ

11,223 Messages
    1,004 Likes Received
  10. KJJ

11,223 Messages
    1,004 Likes Received
    Does this Romo vs Eli debate ever come up on the Giants forum?
  11. WPBCowboysFan

5,736 Messages
    1,957 Likes Received
    :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Looks like you'll have to pat yourself on the back
  12. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,882 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure the pro-Romo crowd has done plenty of that exact same thing and gotten that exact same response from the other side over the years.

Don't be a hypocrite.
  13. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,974 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    I don't even understand this post.

Doesn't Eli own a better record against Romo in head to head games?

Doesn't Eli own a better playoff record than Romo and a better head to head playoff record against Romo?

Didn't Eli beat a 2007 Patriots team that the Cowboys lost to?

Has Romo ever played a better head to head game against the Packers than Eli has? (Rogers subbing for an injured Favre in the 2007 regular season game, notwithstanding.)

I can understand an argument being made with regard to regular season stats that Romo may be better than Eli. But to say that Eli has never been better than Romo at any point?

That's simply not true.
  14. KJJ

11,223 Messages
    1,004 Likes Received
    Before calling me a hypocrite try following the discussion. The guy I've been arguing with hasn't done an ounce of research he posts without thinking do some reading. The pro Romo crowd doesn't do research they could care less about the facts they're FANS. They know with Romo's lack of playoff success and not having a ring they could never prove he's a better QB than Eli, Roethlisberger, Brady, Brees, Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers. There's not a pro Romo FAN on this board who doesn't think he's better than at least a couple of those QB's. One argued if he was in NE he would have more rings than Brady. :rolleyes:

They could google all day and never be able to find one credible source that would support some of their outrageous opinions of Romo because they're BIASED. It's very simple to prove Romo isn't as good as any of those QB's all you have to do is add up their rings and compare his playoff record with theirs...CASE CLOSED!
  15. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,664 Messages
    293 Likes Received
  16. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Word. I'd have been elated for a helmet catch in this game, oh well.
  17. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

753 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    Not really.
  18. KJJ

11,223 Messages
    1,004 Likes Received
    Not surprised I think it's finally been put to rest here at least until this latest Romo meltdown wears off.
  19. WPBCowboysFan

5,736 Messages
    1,957 Likes Received
    Who was better this year?

Did E-Lie carry his team for most of their wins?
  20. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

753 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    This year Giants D was 30th in total defense and we just had 9 wins without a legit run game. Eli had a down year for sure but he still managed to win some games for us.