1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is E-Lie Still Better Than Romo?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    Did you the OP's thread which I responded to --- the Mods just merged it. The OP compared Eli Manning to Roger Staubach in the title.

Roger Staubach!!!

Is it logical and reasonable that everytime Eli has a bad game we have to suffer through 10-15 threads comparing Eli Manning to Romo, Aikman, Danny White, and Roger Staubach?
  2. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,008 Messages
    1,583 Likes Received
    I think the reason for the thread was to ask if Eli was a better QB than Romo.

Which he probably isn't, if that counts for anything.
  3. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

1,855 Messages
    375 Likes Received
    Yep, KJJ I agree that Marino was the greatest pure passer and I would take him every day over Romo and he belongs in the Hall Of Fame.
  4. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    If Romo was "clearly" better than Eli, these threads wouldn't exist.
  5. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,606 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    Do you have pics of the 49ers safeties after they dropped 2 INT's in the NFC title game last year?
  6. perrykemp

5,163 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    Wait.... Romo's regular season QB rating is WAY higher than Marino's.

Hence Romo is better than Marino.

;)
  7. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,806 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    But, . . . . . . . . . but, . . . . . . . . . . . , no rings . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  8. perrykemp

5,163 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    Post of the day, if not year.
  9. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,373 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    The question is asked repeatedly here by FANS everytime Romo has a great game and Eli has a stinker. It was asked last season even after Eli won the SB. :rolleyes: Romo will never be considered a better QB than Eli until he wins a SB. Eli is building a Hall of Fame career and Romo isn't. Even though Romo has put up a lot of yards this season he probably won't even make the Pro Bowl. As bad as Eli and the Giants have looked lately they're still not dead let's not forget that.
  10. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,498 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    The Giants fans that read this board must be rolling on the floor in laughter right now... Remember when everyone used to compare their players to ours??? I always laugh at people that down the Cowboys when they are a 49ers fan or a fan of a team doing really good, I mean why waste your time worrying about a struggling teams success or failure when you are clearly the better team. (for now). Now here this board is worrying about Eli and how he is not as good as Romo, here it is world... No one but people on here care or do not care, for Giant fans it ended after the FIRST SUPERBOWL, after the SECOND SUPERBOWL the NFL quit even thinking about it and here are the Cowboys fans still lamenting Romo's stats vs Eli's rings. Really guys!!! This team for the first few games this year with half of the defense hurt is playing with fire I haven't seen in years and I am completely and unabashedly proud of the way they are playing, playoffs or not. Yes Romo is a very good to great qb depending on who you ask, but I'd rather have Eli's mediocre stats and two rings over White's, oh wait Romo's stats. Sorry but didn't Danny White break and set a lot of records too, but we all love us some Roger the Dodger. I couldn't even tell you what records White set or broke and in 10 years if Romo doesn't win a superbowl no one will know what records he set or broke either. But guess what we will all remember that Eli has two rings and so will the rest of the NFL, fans, and world.
  11. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,373 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    When you're setting NFL passing records you don't need rings to be voted into the Hall of Fame. Fouts and Tarkenton don't have rings but they were setting NFL passing records. Romo isn't setting NFL passing records several of his peers out produce him every season. if Drew Brees didn't have a ring and never got one he would still be a shoe-in Hall of Famer because he's setting NFL passing records.
  12. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,149 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    His numbers are superior year after year after year. Literally every single season. It's not a coincidence.

It's clear as day to those who know the game.
  13. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,606 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    At present, Romo is the better QB. But I'd be willing to bet he'd give up that title if could have a couple of SB rings. But yes, I understand. Like many of you, I get tired of hearing about how great Eli is, and how Romo always chokes in the clutch, especially from Cowboy fans.
  14. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,008 Messages
    1,583 Likes Received
    I doubt that.
  15. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,498 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    It's rhetorical bro... and thats all you got out of it??? If it makes all of you feel better then ok, Romo is the better qb everyone, even though this board are the only ones that will care there it is... Romo is better, when I hear a Giants fan tell me about their two rings, I'll be sure to remind them that Romo has a better career than Eli... Statistically cause he don't need no stinking rings and neither do we. There you go Percy!
  16. perrykemp

5,163 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    Then why don't you also post 20-25 other threads a week about the other QBs that Romo is also better than?

Best I can tell, there is a really screwed up fixation here on CZ with a number of posters regarding Eli Manning... Why Eli? Why not Jay Cutler, why not Michael Vick, etc etc

So strange. I kinda wonder what a trained psychologist would say about this Eli fixation.
  17. WPBCowboysFan

4,806 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    Oh, so stats can matter.

First it was just rings.

Now stats can matter.

So, for you, its just a matter of applying what you want to who you want to justify your point of view in your mind.
  18. perrykemp

5,163 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    I'm guessing you think Romo is a better QB than Aikman too.

Romo's stat's are far superior to Romos.
  19. WPBCowboysFan

4,806 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    Well,

becasue we dont have numerous Cowboy fans here posting about Cutler and Vick being better than Romo.

:bang2: :banghead: :bang2:
  20. WPBCowboysFan

4,806 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    I havent made that comparison, but I think Troy has commented on that himself.