1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is E-Lie Still Better Than Romo?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,107 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Are there even Giant's fans posting here re: Manning vs Romo?

For the most part, it's just other Cowboys fans absolutely sick of hearing other Cowboys fans constantly trying to justify why Romo is better.
  2. nickjamesw43

nickjamesw43 Active Member

390 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Because Romo vs. Eli is the latest iteration of the Rings vs. Production debate which has gone on for probably 30+ years. Savor it it's an NFL tradition.
  3. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,639 Messages
    2,742 Likes Received
    Slomoxn, a QB with rings isn't necessarily better than a QB without.

That wasn't rhetorical, btw.
  4. perrykemp

6,107 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    I get that. The problem is folks here use the arguement so subjectively.

The argument that says Romo is better than Eli is the same argument that says Favre was better than Aikman.
  5. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,731 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    For those of you arguing against you know you can't win, resistance is futile. Aikman has honestly said Romo is better, the reality is he means statistically... Romo has put up outstanding numbers over the years, now then... Lets ask Emmitt, Michael, Darrell, Woody, or ANYONE off of those teams who is the better qb and I'm sure we'll hear a different answer. It's not that they won't think Romo is a good qb, it's just that it's Troy you're comparing him to.
  6. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,873 Messages
    4,443 Likes Received
    Ok gentlemen. Santa is watching.
  7. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    Read carefully it's "RECORD BREAKING" stats that matter. Romo will never even be in the top 10 passing yardage leaders. The only stat he has that's up there with the all-time greats is his career passer rating which is why so many FANS use it when arguing that he should be a current top 5 QB.
  8. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,874 Messages
    2,047 Likes Received
    Or, those who know Romo is so much better yet are absolutley sick of hearing how goofball Gomer Pyle E-Lie is better than Romo from Cowboys fans.
  9. slomoxn

1,731 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    Didn't say they were, I'm saying whether Romo is better or not doesn't matter, Eli has two rings and that is what they play for and what we root for. The only people who care about stats are the players agents at contract time and the second place team. My opinion is Eli has two rings to Romo's statistics and I to this day have NEVER heard a player say how happy they were with their stats despite the fact they never won a superbowl, as a matter of fact it is pretty common to hear players with great stats and no superbowl victorys say they would trade their stats for one ring, I have NEVER though heard ANY player say they would trade their ring for great stats. Romo is not the sole reason Dallas has not won a superbowl anymore than Eli is the sole reason the Giants have won a superbowl but he got them there and didn't lose. He is a champion, is he better??? Does it really matter,??? He won when he got there and the ONLY people still arguing for or against is us, some because for some reason they feel the need to keep riding a dead horse, and others because they are tired of the smell of it and would like to see it dead. (Until Romo wins his own, then I'm sure this whole board will be in the Romo is a better qb corner)

Oh and I agree, my granddaughter is a Giants fan and she is laughing her behind off about this discussion and she hardly knows who these guys are, but she does know the Eli has two rings and Romo has none. She even called her other grandparents who are also Giants fans to ask who was better... Now they are laughing to, so no it really wasn't rhetorical.
  10. MissouriCowboy

MissouriCowboy Well-Known Member

1,261 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Romo also beat Giants in first game. Eli had a lucky throw against Pats.
  11. perrykemp

6,107 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Ah yes, the familiar refrain -- Eli is lucky....
  12. WPBCowboysFan

5,874 Messages
    2,047 Likes Received
    Ok, E-Lie is 2-0 in SB's.

Staubach won 2, but lost just as many.

So, is E-Lie better than Roger?
  13. WPBCowboysFan

5,874 Messages
    2,047 Likes Received
    The absurdity!

That play in his first SB where he was stumbling around and tripping over his own feet and threw up that prayer that was caught against the receiver's helmet wasnt lucky. No, not at all!

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
  14. slomoxn

1,731 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    I don't hear anyone on this board saying Eli is better than Romo until someone starts a thread on it once again opening the debate. It's usually someone trying to justify why Romo is better that starts it not the other way around, at least from a Cowboys fans perspective, cause the Giants have two rings with Eli, they don't even care anymore.
  15. perrykemp

6,107 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    I got it I got it.

When Romo plays well it is skill. When Eli plays well it is luck.
  16. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,639 Messages
    2,742 Likes Received
    I have no argument with someone who thinks it doesn't matter. :D
  17. slomoxn

1,731 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    Right on bro. :)
  18. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,095 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    What makes a qb better than another is being better. Not super bowls. If you don agree let me ask:

Plunkett the equal to Staubach?

Bradshaw the best qb of all time?

Aikman the third or fourth qb of all time?

Roethlisberger better than Peyton?

Johnson better than Moon?

Dilfer the equal to Favre?

Use super bowls as your qb ranking system and you will end up with some screwy rankings .
  19. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    You can do the exact same thing with passer rating.
  20. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,876 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    Roger Staubach wasn't in the top 10 in categories like that and is still considered one of the best QBs to play. He was #1 in passer rating at the time of his retirement.

Vinny Testeverde and Drew Bledsoe are in the top 10 in pass attempts, pass completions and yards. Kerry Collins is right up there as well with the exception that he is 12th in yards. That does not make any of them one of the best QBs in NFL history or better than Romo.