1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Is it me or did JG ruin TR?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by SHAMSzy, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Yes, what a disaster it would be to have Norv Turner as an OC. He's only gotten the most out of just about every QB he's ever coached. :rolleyes:

I don't even understand your comment.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

34,722 Messages
    11,103 Likes Received
    It's not just you.

Some other people who don't watch enough football think things like this, too.
  3. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,666 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    The biggest problem with Romo is Romo. Instead of playing a style that suits him he has been trying to emulate Brady or whoever else he fancies at the moment. If you think back a few years ago he spent the entire off-season watching tape of Brady so that he could try to play like Brady in the pocket. Keep in mind that he took it upon himself to make these changes; it wasn't the staffs idea. If I remember correctly Aikman brought this very point up during the Bucs game, mentioning that it kind of irks the staff when Romo goes off on another tangent.

Craig
  4. Idgit

34,722 Messages
    11,103 Likes Received
    Grr. Double-post.
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,339 Messages
    1,084 Likes Received
    Only way Norv comes here is as a headcoach.

No thanks.

I would take JG as HC/OC every time over Norv Turner as HC/OC
  6. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    It's called a hypothetical. I know it's not going to happen.

Though if Norv got fired and couldn't be a HC, maybe. JG would still have to turn over control to him, though, and Jerry has always said he wants his HC to call plays.
  8. SHAMSzy

SHAMSzy Well-Known Member

429 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    I don't understand the JG supporters, he has done nothing but make us an average football team with superb talent. :banghead:

This has nothing do with athleticism or injuries. It has to do with Tony's bravery to throw the ball down the field. He was FEARLESS earlier in his career and that is what made our ball club successful in the 07-09 years. We had at least 3-4 huge plays a game, and at least 2-3 of them were created by Tony. This current team has been awful on offense, absolutely horrid. We have a pool of unbelievable talent, sorry but 15 ppg isn't getting it done and my finger is pointed at JG and JJ. JG for this bland play calling and limiting the offense/Romo, and JJ for refusing to build a real offensive line and resorting to hire Panthers/Bengals crumbs to protect our "franchise" QB.
  9. zeroburrito

zeroburrito Active Member

4,112 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    2007 was his best year and it isn't even close.

stats be damned.

if it weren't for tom brady he would have been the mvp.
  10. SHAMSzy

SHAMSzy Well-Known Member

429 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    Thank you, thank you sir.

Finally someone with some sense.

07 was easily Romo's best year.

Before you bring up some silly stats, all I have to say is 13-3 Win/Loss with the passing game as the ball clubs biggest strength. Enough said.
  11. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,399 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    I don't know if Garrett has ruined Romo or not, but I don't think Garrett's offense does Tony any favors. The way I see it, Garrett's scheme just doesn't set his players up to succeed. Blast away, but I bet if Romo were playing in Shanahan's offense, everyone would be talking about him in the same breath as Aaron Rodgers.
  12. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,339 Messages
    1,084 Likes Received
    In 2007 he was a 27 year old with fresh legs that had not had his collar bone, hand, ribs, lung punctured,ect ect in consecutive years yet.

Maybe just maybe that is why he stopped playing so recklessly not some kind of imagined coach sabotage.
  13. zeroburrito

zeroburrito Active Member

4,112 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    i'm not talking about the coach or his health. i'm just saying that was his best year.
  14. BLEU3ASY

BLEU3ASY Member

742 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I stopped reading when he said a QB "like" Alex Smith... why would you want to do that? Come'on man!!! Romo changed Romo, he simply matured. He knows that he can play the same game without all of the mistakes. If a QB is doing his job the ball will be thrown into tight spaces. They win some and the ball gets to it's intended target and they lose some and throw a bad ball..
  15. Idgit

34,722 Messages
    11,103 Likes Received
    It's a jab-at-the-coach thread the presupposes Tony Romo has been ruined, which is an idea so half-baked it really shouldn't be taken seriously.

Also, it's happening in regards to the team that's at the top of the NFCE right now the week after a victory.

The issues on offense are straightforward and should be obvious to anybody. And they have nothing to do with the QB being ruined.
  16. elcowboi

elcowboi Active Member

885 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    It's you. The line is playing horrible right now. I can't name one QB that would have better stats behind this line. It's only 3 games in. Last year didn't look like he took a step back to me. If the line can just play average, he looks like an elite QB.
  17. RickMoranis

RickMoranis New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If by "old gunslinging self" you mean "turnover machine" then no, I don't want him to return to that. Romo is better than ever right now and if I didn't know better I'd say you are trolling and doing a very good job of it.

you serious clark?
  18. RickMoranis

RickMoranis New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    if you turn Romo loose like the old days, he will have games like he did against DET last year. Besides, his o-line simply isn't good enough to give him enough time to bomb it down field like he did with TO...If you recall, that year our o-line was actually pretty good.
  19. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

3,413 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    VT, you have been on a serious Garrett rant lately, cant say i blame you, it would take a major collaspe by this team for anything to change.
  20. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,824 Messages
    955 Likes Received
    How different would things look around here if these guys were catching the passes that are hitting them in the hands.

Would Garrett still have "ruined" Romo?

This is such a over reactionary fan base it's not even funny.

A lot of you jokers want Witten run out of town for Marty B. as if his time in Dallas never happened.