1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is It Time To Draft QB In The First 2 Rounds?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Vinnie2u, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

2,033 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    Lets face it Romo ain't Getting any Younger.. We don't want to go through another Aikman to Romo Drought.. If a QB slides to us.. is it time to pull the trigger? or is there more pressing needs.
  2. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,885 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    The answer is obvious.. but what we will do is sign Romo to a 4 or 5 year deal
  3. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,032 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    I think if a really good QB slides down or is available to us we should take him. I know we have more pressing needs but finding a QB good enough to take you places doesn't come along very often and shouldn't get a pass.JMO
  4. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    if the opportunity presents itself you have to find someone to groom to be the next starter be it draft or possibly trade for a young guy 22 maybe 23 or 24.
  5. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,528 Messages
    607 Likes Received
  6. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,104 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Not really a fan of 2nd round QBs...ever. If you take a QB, you have to go BIG! 1st round or bust
  7. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

No, it's December.
  8. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,032 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    UFC, your right, they are going to sign Romo to a long term deal. I just hope they somehow draft a young guy to bring along anyway and he turns out to be good. I'm kind of in the middle on the whole Romo thing. I don't know, and really can't judge him, because he doesn't have a line to play behind. It does seem like he makes plays on the run but when he has time not so much so I really don't know. I just can't make my mind up about the guy....:huh:
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,656 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    It always depends on who the player is.
    You never draft a QB just to draft one....actually, that's true with any position.
  10. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,157 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    I would say its time to draft OL in 1st two rounds.
  11. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

2,033 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    The Draft is the only thing we got to look foward to.. Speaking as a Cowboy Fan..
  12. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

3,388 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    Guess Brett Farve, Andy Dalton or Drew Brees aren't good enough for you?

I get it, first round picks can be potential studs (and equally just as big busts), but don't discount the 2nd round for a QB.
  13. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,412 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    The draft is in April..:D

If we don't draft a QB then we better draft O-line early and often...
  14. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,597 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    If my draft board told me that the QB was the highest rated player available to me with my 1st or 2nd round pick I would take him without hesitation.

Craig
  15. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,031 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    Rumor was Red was extremely high on Andy Dalton a couple of years ago. Wonder what we would've done if he was within reach of us. Hmmm.
  16. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,451 Messages
    750 Likes Received
    We should trade all our picks to move up and draft the top rated QB in the draft and put him behind this OL.
  17. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,766 Messages
    1,183 Likes Received
    No it's time we get olineman with the first 2 rounds...
  18. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

864 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    We gotta get the line fixed so we don't have anymore board posts on bad QB play. seriously. Doesn't mean we shouldn't grab a QB after round 3. And that doesn't stop us from grabbing someone in 1 or 2 next year. Lets get this line fixed first.
  19. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    If a great QB is available to us somewhere in the draft I would take one in the first two rounds. I do believe Romo's career is winding down and it would be nice to give the new kid a couple years of learning with pro coaching before taking over the job.

If a great opportunity doesn't come early we should still take a developmental kid in the 5th or 6th round.
  20. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Zac Dysert
    6’4″ 230

Very quick release, compact throwing motion, throws with zip and good spin on the ball.

Excellent accuracy rolling to both right and left, squares shoulders and finds targets. Locks in on primary reciever at times waiting for him to come out of his break, must improve in this area, often results in picks.

Good deep ball with nice touch and arm stregth to put it deep downfield. Composed under pressure, extends the play by moving around in the pocket or running outside.

Makes “improv” plays (throws falling down, pitches) good and bad. Knows when to throw it away and live to play another down