1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Jerry going all in?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JTnNC, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    Whatever the impetus, what's happening now definitely isn't what one might normally expect from your typical preseason Cowboys' dealmaking ventures that this team might routinely make. They're loading up for a run at something special. Just how special clearly remains to be seen but it should be intriguing to follow the show.
  2. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,625 Messages
    3,151 Likes Received
    Agreed.

Going "all in" is a goofy move like trading for Roy Williams or Joey Galloway.
  3. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

653 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    I agree with the folkz that said Jerry has been going all in the last few years. I think morons that listen to ESPN tirelessly think that Jerry isn't a good GM
  4. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Well-Known Member

1,056 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    He's either calling bluff or his pot is really low
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,529 Messages
    9,691 Likes Received
    Maybe not all in but you don't make the Waters signing if you don't plan to contend this year.
  6. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,807 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    While signing Waters is a sign that we are trying to win this year, that should be the case for every team, every year. But still Jerry is not going all in. There was no ridiculous big FA signing, no over paid contracts to big name players, heck our first round draft choice was a Center. this is a move that gives us a chance to win now without giving up anything in our future. What I see is a team making moves that is balancing between winning now, and building for the future. Exactly what quality teams do.
  7. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,524 Messages
    1,063 Likes Received
    He's going all in the right way. He's not trading high picks for expensive WRs or signing vets to ridiculous contracts. Instead, he's trading non-contributors for picks, using low round picks to replace the non-contributors with contributors, extending team leaders to reasonable contracts, and signing vets in need positions to reasonable contracts. That's how it's done.
  8. onlyonenow

onlyonenow Benched

102 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    yeah the Galloway trade was a true all in move.

As in close your eyes and jump down a hole you have no idea how deep
    cannonball44 likes this.
  9. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,625 Messages
    3,151 Likes Received
    That is how it's done.

No ridiculous reaches in the draft either.
  10. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,891 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    i agree. all in would be trading future draft picks for guys to play now. this is more of a improve where you can type deal to me. but i think they have made some nice moves this year so far. none of them mortgage the futre but they help the st's, help the oline, and add another player with some pass rush skills.
  11. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,386 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    They have to. The window is 2 years, tops.
  12. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

722 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I'm good with that
  13. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I agree. Both of Garrett's 8-8 seasons had potential to be much more, if not for Garrett.
    The Natural likes this.
  14. Cogan

Cogan Active Member

1,503 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    "...it seems to me that he is doing everything in his power to make this team championship ready."

:p:confused::mad:...Wasted away again in homerville...lol! The Dallas Cowboys don't even have an NFL caliber offensive line, let alone a championship one. Jerry's going after retired OGs for God's sake! He has no RT or anyone to backup Tyron Smith, but he drafted Zero offensive tackles. He brought in career backup OGs in Livings & Bernadeau, & they've played like it. He did NOTHING to correct that in the draft. No DLs drafted either. Except for the trenches, (you know, the place where games are won & lost), the team looks real good. (Oh, except for the much heralded CB they gave up their first two picks in the 2012 draft, who was mediocre his first season, & has been hurt the entire off-season). I guarantee, this team will fall short of the playoffs once again, because it's leaders have NO concept of player acquisition. GUARANTEED!!
  15. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,372 Messages
    847 Likes Received
    Jerra always goes all out. That is a given. Getting him to make the right choices (with the backing of scouts and real "football guys" is another thing.

If he does not get the job done this year, it will be the same old, same old "we'll do better next year." the only diff is that Callahan will be his next man crush. Nothing new about that. If you are thinking Jerra will relinquish control to little Stevie, forgit it. Jerra will be deciding the draft from the nursing home.
  16. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,958 Messages
    1,520 Likes Received
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you.....(wait for it).....the original negative nancy.....

that's a big pile-o-ugly in your post...do you see anything positive about this team?