1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Is Lance Dunbar a 'complete weapon' for Cowboys?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by morasp, Jun 25, 2014.

1. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

41,399 Messages
    5,707 Likes Received
    I just haven't noticed him blocking.
    Idgit likes this.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

33,927 Messages
    9,942 Likes Received
    Yeah. He's not built for it, but he gets in the way pretty well. Those early fumbles were brutal, though.
  3. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,891 Messages
    828 Likes Received
    If Dunbar can prove he's durable enough to withstand a full season of activity this year, he'll likely have arrived. So far that hasn;t been the case but it's too early yet in his career to assume he's unworthy of the hype. This season, Linehan reportedly has plans to utilize him somewhat more liberally. With that being the case, fans should be afforded a clearer sampling of his actual worth. We'll see.
  4. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,440 Messages
    1,796 Likes Received
    defensive over-hype-machine: Matt Johnson
    offensive over-hype-machine: Lance Dunbar

I hope both live up to the hype this season, and I will keep a "wait and see" attitude until it happens
  5. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,592 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    This guy has got to be one of the most unjustifiably hyped players I've ever seen. He was an uDFA out of North Texas who's seen real game action in what, 1 game in 2 years, and we're saying he's our Harvin/Sproles?

Only on CZ...
  6. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me?

3,628 Messages
    870 Likes Received
    We finally have a OC who will use a Dunbar the way he should be used, to attack the outside, whether it's a pitch, flare, or screen, he wll kill people out there and hopefully stay healthy.
  7. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,188 Messages
    1,382 Likes Received
    Hey, some people are able to see ability in players before they breakout. Not really impressive to call something after the fact.
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

81,157 Messages
    5,258 Likes Received
    Question for Dunbar is the same questions for a lot of guys on the team. Can you stay healthy. I was at the Raiders game last year and he showed very quick burst through the hole and played a big part in helping the Cowboys win. However once the game was over so was he.
    jazzcat22 and jobberone like this.
  9. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

10,938 Messages
    2,515 Likes Received
    I was at that game also. A friend of mine that went with me, doesn't follow all the players. and said..I don't know who that kid is, but he looks good...
    A Raiders fan sitting beside me, said same about the thing. (He was a Raiders fan, his girlfriend a Cowboys fan on a side note.)

Now one game may not warrant the hype. But I think he needs to be given more chances based what the limited work we seen so far. I think Beasley and Dunbar fall into the same category, let's see what Linehan can use their abilities, as there are some we may not have seen yet.

If anyone wants to talk about hype, isn't Clowney the #1 overall pick still hype at this point until we see him play?
    And before anyone answers it's a given he will live up to that hype....remember the 1989 draft for one, Aikman...lived up to it, Mandrich did not.....
  10. Doomsday101

81,157 Messages
    5,258 Likes Received
    Well one game will not put you in the ring of honor or HOF but it can show the type of skill a player has when healthy, again the main issue with Dunbar.
  11. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,954 Messages
    969 Likes Received
    No kidding. I read the thread title and wondered where this came from. Not completely disagreeing but I've seen no substance to this in a game day performance. Ever.

Did they not say this about Dantzler as well? And he could play QB in a pinch? Never happened.
    TwoDeep3 likes this.
  12. Future

Future Intramural Legend

17,059 Messages
    2,139 Likes Received
    I like him, but even if he is great, he's only going to get 5 touches a game tops.
  13. Doomsday101

81,157 Messages
    5,258 Likes Received
    There may be games where all he gets is 5 there very well could be games he plays a bigger role. No matter who Murray back up is they will not be getting a lot of snaps but hopefully whoever gets that role makes the most of the playing time they do get.
  14. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,404 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    He's too small to be anything more than a bit player for the Cowboys. A good one at that.
  15. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,937 Messages
    874 Likes Received
    Should everyone just be quiet about the team or say negative things? I think that is this writers job. Others enjoy it.
  16. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    i don't know about being a complete player but i think his skill set can help this team.
  17. benson

benson Well-Known Member

689 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    We are talking about the same coaching staff that ran an actual talent in Felix Jones straight into the ground. Now you want them to use an UDFA the way Jones was supposed to be used? You've got to be kidding me. If anything, if Lunbar actually possesses any real talent, he'd better find a team who can use him, not here.
  18. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,328 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    I agree. This coaching staff pulls a player off the field the minute he starts making plays????????? Dewayne Harris is very underutilized IMO....
  19. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,998 Messages
    416 Likes Received
    yup, he has the "potential"..........but potential just means he has not done it yet............
  20. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

27,270 Messages
    7,072 Likes Received
    I fully understand being excited about potential, but when you see the Sproles and Harvin things, it is just ridiculous. Those are two proven top shelf NFL players.

Dunbar is a player who thus far has had one decent half of football and a long run in preseason that culminated in him tripping over his own feet and fumbling.