1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Mike Jenkins protecting himself?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by xvendettax914, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,711 Messages
    1,930 Likes Received
    I think Jenkins is one of the best cover corners on this team, probably better than Carr as well. I would ditch Scandrick, drop all the funds on Jenkins, or trade him and try to get a stud opposite Ware.
  2. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,641 Messages
    3,163 Likes Received
    Trading deadline is past so that's a non-starter.

Jenkins has always been a malcontent for whatever reason. I don't know if it's because of his attitude or what, but there's something going on.
  3. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    Bottom line...Jenkins will go they way the Cowboys go....If they lose miserably he will get a mid veteran FA offer....if the Cowboys somehow run the tables and win it all.....the offer will only go up......My bet is Jenkins is playing the odds and playing it safe to protect what little leverage he has.... Say la Vee Mr. Jenkins.
  4. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,920 Messages
    1,383 Likes Received
    I seriously doubt this, that's just me personally, but even if he was then I think that he's really only helping the Cowboys keep him long term because the more and more he sits the less money he's going to be able to get on the open market.

Which allows Dallas to keep him here at a cheaper price and while a lot of people hate him, for whatever their reasons are, he's a pretty solid corner who I definately wouldn't mind keeping around for a fair price.