1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is the NFL a joke?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Joshmil53, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Brady fined 10k for hitting Reed

Gore fined 10.5k for socks being too low
  2. Dion2288

Dion2288 Member

190 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Just saw this too.

NFL Fun Facts:

- Tom Brady fined $10,000 for a high "kick" at Ravens defender Ed Reed while Brady was sliding to avoid being hit by Reed.

- Frank Gore was fined $10,500 for wearing his socks too low during the game against the Falcons.

Gore's fine was $500 more than Brady's. Makes sense to me.
  3. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,399 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    The amount of the uniform fines are absurd. The NFL should realize that sometimes small differences create a trend and could make them more money. Take for example headbands and gloves.

Nike, the NFL, the teams, and the players all have a hand in that type of stuff.
  4. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,540 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    that Brady kick looked intentional to me.
  5. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,722 Messages
    634 Likes Received
    Where's the money go? I heard it used to go to charity, but now it goes to the NFL retired players pension or something like that. Could be wrong. Consider it a donation to a good cause. And it ain't like the players can't afford it.

Easy way for the NFL to get some money. Like speeding tickets for the government.
  6. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,409 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    gore has been fined before for uniform violations

brady has never been fined
  7. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,555 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    There is a reason why Gore was fine more than Brady. Gore was warned about this earlier in the year and was not fine. He was warned before the game and he still was defiant. That is why the fine was more because he blatantly defied NFL rules twice.
  8. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,140 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    well you sure took the fun out of this thread.
  9. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,194 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    Short answer...yea
  10. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Anyone have a video of Brady hitting Reed? I missed that and know nothing about it.
  11. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,225 Messages
    1,168 Likes Received
    The NFL dress code rules and enforcement of said rules are a bit ridiculous, but at least they are consistent. No player should ever be surprised if they get fined for breaking these rules because the NFL makes it very clear they don't accept any deviations from them.
  12. lordinfamous

lordinfamous New Member

7 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he was defiant because he said the heat was bothering him in the stadium that's why he lowered his socks
  13. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,644 Messages
    262 Likes Received
    Two rookie QB's throw for 3000yds and get into the Pro Bowl?

Romo almost 5000 yds. Thats an average of 120 yds more PER game. More yards, attempt, completions, TD's.

That's like putting a RB with 1000yds in and ignoring a RB who has 1600 yds because his team didn't win enough. Yes, Joke.
  14. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,100 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Yes, it has been for a while.

Kinda started with SpyGate. It was an insult to the fans' intelligence that they would destroy the evidence immediately for no good reason. That should tell us that the NFL is not on the up-and-up. I suspect that the evidence was REALLY bad. They knew they couldn't let anybody else see it and if you keep the evidence around, it will leak sooner or later. So destroy it, get rid of it and make up some cockamamie excuse.

Roger Goodell has gotten his arse handed to him I believe 3 different times in front of Congress. It's really an embarrassment to football that he can act so obtuse at a Congressional hearing. You want your best people representing your sport in the best possible way and you have this guy acting like it's some kind of little game that you play.

The refereeing has been awful. The only difference was that the sports media has no problem going after replacement officials. But, they ignore the bad blunders of the 'real officials.' Nobody likes scabs.

There's plenty more. But these fines are just the tip of the iceberg.

YR
  15. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,044 Messages
    8 Likes Received
  16. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,662 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    Complete joke nowadays..

But, it's like a wicked car crash. You just have to watch...
  17. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,133 Messages
    4,330 Likes Received
    :fact:

There is a reason for the fine totals folks.
  18. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I love how you guys don't understand the point. It's the fact Brady is treated as the NFL's princess and they rarely do anything to him even when he INTENTIONALLY. You see that word? I put it in caps for you. Kicked someone and could possibly injure said person. But no, someone wore his socks too low, better fine him.
  19. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Throw in the fact that uniforms are written in to the CBA, IIRC.

Unnecessary fouls are totally up to the discretion of the officials and league.
  20. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,140 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    Why don't you put in caps all the times Brady has intentionally tried to injure someone.