News: Is Tony Romo worth two first round selections?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CCBoy, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

88,653 Messages
    11,844 Likes Received
    I think it is unrealistic to think Dallas will get any high pick for Romo. I think he can still perform but teams will be looking at age and injuries. I would be shocked if any GM hands over anything more than a mid rd pick. I think it is more likely that Dallas will give Romo his release and allow him to shop his services.

2. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

16,773 Messages
    12,089 Likes Received
    You think you are the FO Whisperer but you ain't

3. Dracula

Dracula Active Member

123 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Derek Carr, Oakland, broke his leg, in today's game, and is out for the rest of the season. The Raiders need a QB and maybe they have made a call to Jerry?

w8lifter likes this.
  4. Elusive6thRing

Elusive6thRing Well-Known Member

2,446 Messages
    1,901 Likes Received
    This again? The only reason they'd call Jerry would be to wish him a Merry Christmas. There's no trades after November 1st, almost 2 months ago.

5. Dracula

Dracula Active Member

123 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Okay, is there any way that Romo can leave Dallas and end up playing for Oakland this season?

6. LittleD

LittleD Well-Known Member

3,703 Messages
    2,009 Likes Received
    Nope...Nada! Rinse and repeat...

7. Robbieac

Robbieac Well-Known Member

2,036 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    I dont even need to read the article. 2 firsts for Romo? :lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2:

haleyrules and Elusive6thRing like this.
  8. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

9,093 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    Lol at two first rounders. One third round pic and a conditional fourth.

9. Elusive6thRing

Elusive6thRing Well-Known Member

2,446 Messages
    1,901 Likes Received
    Should be a new meme, too wrong didn't read.

10. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

26,080 Messages
    6,964 Likes Received
    Wonder if Romo does equal value for some teams pressing for playoff credibility and still retaining a good roster, less a valid quarterback? Naw, you said it doesn't add up to a discussion, first...

11. Robbieac

2,036 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    Noone said that Tony Romo doesnt have value for some teams with playoff credibility. Its just the notion that any team would pay anywhere near 2 first round picks is complete insanity/homerism.

12. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

26,080 Messages
    6,964 Likes Received
    Why, because you value Tony Romo next to sedimentary rock?

Manning was coming off a broken neck and took Denver to a Lombardi...stupid again?

w8lifter likes this.
  13. Robbieac

2,036 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    Wow. :facepalm:

Yes, thats right. Simply because I reject the idea that Tony Romo is not worth 2 firsts means I think his worth is that of dirt and rocks.

14. Robbieac

2,036 Messages
    522 Likes Received

And how much did Denver trade for Manning (you know, a quarterback some consider to be one of the greatest of all time)? I eagerly await your reaponse.

15. Cowboysfan917

Cowboysfan917 Active Member

303 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    While Romo's value is probably that of a 1st round pick, he wouldn't fetch that in a trade and that's what really matters. Favre couldn't even get that in a trade after a successful final season in Green Bay. Only desperate teams send picks like that and Romo doesn't want to go to a desperate team.

16. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet Zone Supporter

9,441 Messages
    7,018 Likes Received
    Lolwut

17. darthseinfeld

9,441 Messages
    7,018 Likes Received
    Romo may have a heightened value to a team like Buffalo. A playoff contender with a new owner that can use that draw to gain interest in a small market. A playoff run with Romo would do wonders for the Buffalo franchise.

18. darthseinfeld

9,441 Messages
    7,018 Likes Received
    Manning is different. Manning was owed a crippling amount of money ( 27 million for 2012 I believe) and wasnt willing to renegotiate. Mannings not being tradeable had way more to do with his cap figure then his health. Romo's cap figure is much much smaller

19. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,318 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    Team can protect themselves for injury. I'd say a 3rd rounder move to a 2nd if he plays 12 games and a 1st if they win a playoff game.

20. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Well-Known Member

2,194 Messages
    2,404 Likes Received
    That sounds great until you consider the salary cap and have to decide what younger players you're not going to offer new contracts so you can keep your $19 million, 37 year old back up QB.

Robbieac likes this.