1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

It's a Wacky, Wild, Wednesday Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by overseas, Feb 8, 2012.

1. overseas

overseas Benched

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Trade down get a extra 2nd & 3rd

1 Dont'a Hightower, ILB/OLB , Alabama -

I'd be moving this kid all over the field

2 CB don't care which one -

Stephon Gilmore CB, South Carolina
    Chase Minnifield, CB/KR, Virginia
    Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech
    Xavier Rhodes*, CB, Florida State

2 OLB Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise State

A versatile, explosive athlete with a mighty motor who knows how to reach the quarterback. McClellin possesses a solidly put together frame with a strong upper body which maximizes his length into contact. He plays all over the Boise State defense. He will play with his hand on the ground, can stand up and rush from a two-point stance and will blitz from the inside as well. He exhibits an explosive first step off the ball both with his hand on the ground and standing up. He can also coil up into his stance, stay low initially off the football and threaten the edge with speed.

or

Chase Thomas,OLB, Stanford

Thomas started 2011 on fire, collecting 3.5 sacks, 4.5 tackles for a loss and two forced in the first two games. He has continued to play well throughout the year, which got harder for him after fellow linebacker Shane Skov was lost to a season-ending injury. That caused Thomas to get more blocking attention. He still has been a real presence and consistently pressureing the quarterback. Thomas recorded 51 tackles with 17.5 tackles for a loss, 8.5 sacks and five forced fumbles entering the Bowl showdown with Oklahoma State. He should be a perfect fit as a 3-4 outside linebacker at the next level

3 Senio Kelemete OG, Washington

A former defensive lineman who made the move to guard in 09' before switching to left tackle as a junior in 2010. Possesses a naturally strong frame with a thick lower half. Won the teams offensive lineman weight room honor in 2010 and plays up to his weight room numbers. Looks very natural on the move in the run game. Has the range to routinely reach block and seal the edge. Displays impressive range getting out to the second level and can breakdown. Can create leverage for himself off the ball in the run game, doesn't waste much motion into contact and there is a real snap through his hips. You can tell he's a former defensive lineman because of his initial quickness off the ball and pop into contact. Likes to finish, plays with some nasty and gets after it until the whistle.

3 Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State

Possesses good awareness and feel inside as well, keeps his head on a swivel, consistently picks up stunts cleanly inside and has the range to re-direct in space, maintain balance and stun a blitzing linebacker with a compact/strong punch. Plays with natural leverage in the run game as well and once he gets his hands on defenders is tough to disengage from, as he can anchor/seal linemen consistently away from the football. Works his legs once engaged and has average natural power when trying to drive defenders off the football

4 Marvin Jones, WR, Cal

Displays a good feel vs. zone/off concepts though, will find soft spots underneath and isn't afraid to extend and make plays over the middle. For his size can create after the catch. Again, accelerates well with the ball in his hands, displays the fluidity to side step defenders even at full speed and is a bit more sudden then his size would indicate. Isn't overly physical as a blocker, but gets after it, shows some effort and works hard to stay engaged through the play

Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford
    Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State
    Brandon Taylor, FS, LSU
    Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina

5 Dominique Hamilton, DT, Missouri

Hamilton is well overlooked and could get a boost from the down defensive line class. Hamilton is intriguing because of his overall body structure, deceptive athleticism, and potential to fill out to play nose tackle. There aren’t many players who can excel at nose tackle in the N.F.L. which makes Hamilton a potential rarity and he could see a boost in his stock

6 Brian Linthicum, TE, Michigan State - Chase Ford, TE, Miami - Anthony Miller, TE, Cal

6 Chandler Harnish, QB, Northern Illinois

7 Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas

Shaun Powell, P, Florida State
    Daron Rose, OT, North Alabama
    J.B. Shugarts, OT, Ohio State
  2. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Xavier Rhodes is returning to Florida State. Chase Thomas is returning to Stanford.
  3. calicowboy54

calicowboy54 Active Member

217 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I like it and I would go with cb from va tech and Boise LB. That would be awesome pressure defense
  4. John813

John813 Active Member

550 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Curious, you have us drafting a receiver in round 4, is that if Robinson doesn't re-sign, or regardless if he does or not?
  5. overseas

overseas Benched

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yup I think so

what about injuries
  6. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,092 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    What else are we trading to get a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick? No way we can get all of that for just the 14th pick.
  7. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Pretty solid. I wouldn't be upset with this but I'd like to see your plans for free agency before you have us trading down.
  8. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,801 Likes Received
    No to McLellin in the 2nd...I like the guy, but he's not the athlete to play 3-4 OLB.

And I don't know the specific values or whatever, but it seems we'd have to move down a long way to get an extra second and third. I like a lot of it, but don't think it's realistic at all.
  9. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,570 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    I like the trade back from the Hightower, and he is a great player, and but I don't see why we should draft another OLB in the 2nd after getting Hightower. Also Brewster ducks and showed that at the senior bowl.
    I would do the following
    1st OLB Hightower
    2nd Cb
    Minnifiekd, Boykin, hosley, and or Leonard johnson
    2nd OG Washington
    3rd FS Iloka
    3rd TE Green
    4th CB Dwight Bentley
    5th WR Joe Adams
    5th DT Matt Conrath
    6th NT Jean-Baptiste
  10. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    I would buy off on the trade down, irrespective of the free agency, if this occurred:

C Konz
    CB Minnifield
    G Glenn/Osemele
  11. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Based on the draft pick calculator, it would be even if we switched with the 28th pick or lower and received their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/games/draft-pick-value.php

14th pick - 1100 points

28th pick - 660 points
    57th pick - 300 points
    89th pick - 132 points
    Total - 1092 points

I don't see this scenario happening with any of these teams. They don't need to reach for players and gamble the rest of their draft. Not a plausible scenario.
  12. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    Another consideration to the 14 pick slot, is that someone is targeted by that team for their own needs, and probably, since it should be a strong first round value, be for a good price a little above the 'blue book.'
  13. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    There's too many good players that will be available at 14 to trade down. I don't like it unless we can get a Julio Jones type trade.
  14. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    You started the thread...and with three top fifty players, yea, I would be well happy with that deal. Exactly as I presented: Konz, Minifield, and Glenn.
    That would be a killer haul. And Day Three completely fresh.

Myself, I want Mario Williams in free agency. Pair him with Coples and what do you have? If we are going different format now...and a trade up, would probably add a little 'x-tra' to Dallas as well.
  15. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,570 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    Nobody uses that damn chart anymore. Teams give up far more than what that chart says every year.
    Let's say Richardson is there at 14 and we trade back with Cleveland and get their 1st and 2nd, then we trade that 2nd back to the mid 2nd and pick up a 3rd
  16. overseas

overseas Benched

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    right to o
  17. overseas

overseas Benched

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    well I really have none - I am not a mind reader

I think a couple guys are over looked

David Hawthorne, ILB, Seahawks. Age: 27.
    David Hawthorne is one of the better inside linebackers in the NFL. He had a nagging knee injury that plagued him throughout 2011, but he still performed on a really high level

Chad Rinehart (RFA), G, Bills. Age: 27.
    Chad Rinehart did a phenomenal job replacing Andy Levitre when the stud guard had to move around in the wake of injuries to Eric Wood and Demetrius Bell. Rinehart didn't allow a single sack

Samson Satele, C, Raiders. Age: 27.
    Samson Satele missed one game with a concussion last year, but otherwise had another solid season

Plus Oak has Wiz

I am not saying to get any of these guys just some possibilities

I think these guys are more logical than Nicks an all the other high priced FA's I have seen

all you have to do is goi to another teams board an see the all want Nicks
  18. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    You do some homework. That is good to see. You'll fit in well on the Draft Board. Rub elbows and enjoy....oh, and direction was all that was asked for here. Good discussion.:)
  19. overseas

overseas Benched

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    DO OVERS

1 Dont'a Hightower, ILB/OLB , Alabama

I'd be moving this kid all over the field

2 CB I don't care which one

Stephon Gilmore CB, South Carolina
    Chase Minnifield, CB/KR, Virginia
    Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech

2 or 3

George Iloka, S, Boise State
    Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas
    Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina
    Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma
    Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia

3 Senio Kelemete OG, Washington

A former defensive lineman who made the move to guard in 09' before switching to left tackle as a junior in 2010. Possesses a naturally strong frame with a thick lower half. Won the teams offensive lineman weight room honor in 2010 and plays up to his weight room numbers. Looks very natural on the move in the run game. Has the range to routinely reach block and seal the edge. Displays impressive range getting out to the second level and can breakdown. Can create leverage for himself off the ball in the run game, doesn't waste much motion into contact and there is a real snap through his hips. You can tell he's a former defensive lineman because of his initial quickness off the ball and pop into contact. Likes to finish, plays with some nasty and gets after it until the whistle.

4 Marvin Jones, WR/KR, Cal

Displays a good feel vs. zone/off concepts though, will find soft spots underneath and isn't afraid to extend and make plays over the middle. For his size can create after the catch. Again, accelerates well with the ball in his hands, displays the fluidity to side step defenders even at full speed and is a bit more sudden then his size would indicate. Isn't overly physical as a blocker, but gets after it, shows some effort and works hard to stay engaged through the play

Chris Owusu, WR/KR, Stanford
    Robert Turbin, RB/KR, Utah State

5 Dominique Hamilton, DT, Missouri

Hamilton is well overlooked and could get a boost from the down defensive line class. Hamilton is intriguing because of his overall body structure, deceptive athleticism, and potential to fill out to play nose tackle. There aren’t many players who can excel at nose tackle in the N.F.L. which makes Hamilton a potential rarity and he could see a boost in his stock

6 Brian Linthicum, TE, Michigan State
    Chase Ford, TE, Miami
    Anthony Miller, TE, Cal

6 Chandler Harnish, QB, Northern Illinois

7 Joe Halahuni, FB/HB, Oregon State
    Chad Diehl, FB, Clemson
    Daron Rose, OT, North Alabama
    Shaun Powell, P, Florida State