1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Its all about pressure

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Nov 26, 2012.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,236 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    I don't think the defense is built for a 3-4. I think we should be looking at switching to the 4-3 and drafting a DE. Dontre Moore or Dion Jordan would be perfect and keep Spencer at SOLB. Just think about the pressure we can then bring.

Then focus on OL and get a center and OG, or OT and a safety. If I couldn't get a game changer early in round one then I'm all for trading back and adding am extra 2nd.
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,618 Messages
    4,168 Likes Received
    Spencer is built more like a 4-3 DE than Dion Jordon.

At 240 lbs, Dion Jordon would be best as a LB in the NFL. In addition to being a great pass-rusher and good run defender, he is excellent in coverage.

Damontre Moore played as a 4-3 DE this year; however, his previous years at A&M, he was a 3-4 OLB. He is the perfect size to play as a 3-4 OLB in the NFL, but will probably need to bulk up to play as a 4-3 DE.

3. supercowboy8

5,236 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    I agree with you but both of those guys can hulk up. Spencer isn't great at rushing the passer as the othera two are. I think Spencer would be a better 4-3 OLB then he would be a 4-3 DE.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,166 Messages
    1,138 Likes Received
    Moore will be gone top 10. Strong side pass rushing beasts are hard to find. Werner probably gone before they draft too.
  5. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,970 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    How are we not built for 3-4? Add a good NT and slide Rat to Coleman/Spears spot and our D is great when healthy. Another safety would help as well but that has nothing to do with scheme.
  6. supercowboy8

5,236 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    Because spears and coleman are pretty much gone next year. Niether have been great. Ratliff needs to move but says he doesnt want to and hasnt and like you said we need a NT. All we need for the 4-3 is either a Solb or a 43 DE.
  7. supercowboy8

5,236 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    We might be picking top 10, and if we are close we can always trade up like last year.
  8. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    yup Damontre Moore is my pet cat this year.. In order to be in a position to possibly get him, the Cowboys would likely have to finish 5-11 and be in the 7th-8th draft slot