1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Its getting pretty chippy in here...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by CowboyWay, Aug 26, 2009.

1. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I thought for sure you'd be the one laughing at everyone involved.
    :laugh2:
  2. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,721 Messages
    15 Likes Received
  3. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,277 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    I don't take any of this personal. I know i would be able to have a drink with 99% of people in here. I wouldn't want to talk politics when we could talk football.
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,174 Messages
    1,529 Likes Received
    I for one think that the arguing is a good thing. Not to say that I think people should get feelings hurt or anything of that nature, but I think its productive to have discussions like this. I know I don't post a lot in this thread...as I'm probably a bit out of my league...but I enjoy reading the opinions in here almost as much as anything in the Fan Zone.

Arguments get heated, that's just the way it is, but it's good to see that people stand by their convictions and aren't afraid to speak their minds...even if it is only a message board. When people's beliefs are challenged, it's understandable that there is anger, but I don't think that it's anything really personal around here.

I don't want this Zone to go anywhere, I think things are good here just the way they are...even if it's a little tense at times.
  5. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  6. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I think so too.
    You learn a lot debating people of a different ideology and basically nothing if you all agree on things. This board reflects the rest of the world: the balanced and over the top.
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,761 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    I'd bet on 40 Republican votes supporting Obamacare before I'd bet on that.

:laugh2:
  8. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Oh man I missed that party.
    I did absolutely nothing,and yet Silverbroad still brings my name in and runs!
    That reflects poorly on a "man" rep.
  9. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,880 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Earlier this morning, I was considering just stepping away from this board, as the tone was getting pretty personal and some serious name calling and religious attacks were ramping up. I'm glad this thead was started as I was pretty bummed out by the Kennedy thread. Sometimes the name calling gets pretty nasty and in light of CBZ40's passing, I thought people might take a more balanced approach and temper their comments. I had a good discussion with several conservatives regarding Heath Care a couple of weeks ago and, depsite not finding common ground on all the issues, it was pretty respectful.

I recognize that people will bring different perspectives to the table, based on their beliefs and history. Nobody has a monopoly on the truth and it remains to be seen as to what will or won't work from a political perspective.
  10. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,880 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    BTW, I'm the guy with the bottle. It's empty, trust me. I would not want to waste a full one.;)
  11. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,357 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    got to agree with the sentiments of the thread and say i would happily buy every member of the board a beer and hopefully toast a cowboys win while doing so, even if you would choke on my lib beer burm ;) . if it was on my side of the pond then all the better, i could extend the day of sport to twelve hourse of drinking to watch celtic first :D
  12. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,032 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    On topic, I know that most of the folks that I vehemently disagree with here are damn fine people.

Funny thing, I do pay attention to everyone's opinions and arguements. Even Burm, when he's not shouting the obligatory Lefty/Liberal! 'Cause I read his comments on football, and they are quite good, and I am more often than not in agreement with them.

How come he's so smart there, but in the PZ..... Hmn, maybe I better go read his posts here again...:D
  13. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Are youtube links not allowed anymore?
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,582 Messages
    1,555 Likes Received
    because argle as a lib if you allowed yourself to realize the brilliance of many of my posts you would no longer be a lib and that would just kill you. So its merely self preservation on your part.
  15. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,992 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    Everyone needs to calm down.

People are getting banned and its football season.

Anyone who is hot needs to just ignore this forum for a day or two.

seriously.
  16. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    SHUT UP!!!

:p:
  17. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,357 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    i hate it when you do this making me agree with you thing :D

on a side note i can hardly wait for the first full season i have actually given a ****e about. still not celtic but i am genuinly excited which this time last year i would never have thought i would be
  18. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,992 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    Do you usually disagree with me?
  19. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,357 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    you noticed? my heart just skipped a beat!
  20. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,889 Messages
    4,240 Likes Received
    People, or at least the last 3 I have banned, are getting banned because they can not seem to grasp the concept of not bringing religion into the discussion in one form or another even after I have said not to do it time and time again.