1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

It's offical: the Wilcox Era begins this Sunday

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Awakened, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

800 Messages
    59 Likes Received
  2. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Bring ya seat cushion Will.
    blackbull likes this.
  3. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Not for long. Once Matt Johnson comes back he will be unstoppable! :cool:
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Yep, I'm preparing myself for a few mental errors but I'm OK with that being he's a rookie because I know he'll make his share of big hits and plays on the ball too.
    Muhast likes this.
  5. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    conservative cowboy fans mourn. Womp womp
    Wolf2k5 and CowboyMcCoy like this.
  6. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,290 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    I hope he's saving his money as I see a lot of highlight reel hits, but unfortunately fines as well.

What I like is that Allen was hurting our defense, and Monte and Marinelli knew this sooner rather then later. I also hope it pushes Allen to be better.
    Carharris2 and Muhast like this.
  7. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,543 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    This is great, it's like the finishing touches to a defensive rebuild, there will be some pains , but you gotta love the week to week improvement.
    nake likes this.
  8. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Look no further than Alex smiths first down run on chiefs opening drove as to why Allen is benched. Wilcox would've lit that clown up before he got the first. Allen was playing patty cake with Jamal Charles. Be a good 10 year vet, enjoy your guaranteed money and mentor JJ.
  9. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

1,071 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Finally some much needed speed in the safety position.
  10. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,259 Messages
    948 Likes Received
    Ok guys get ready for some breakdowns on the back end that we are not accustomed to seeing here in big D.
    No wait....
    In all seriousness , I'm excited for the kid and excited to watch him. Good luck jj
  11. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,132 Messages
    1,066 Likes Received
    Im pumped! He was already my starter on Madden! Haha! I know he'll do great and will have some hiccups along the process. Long term this move benefits our team in the long run if Wilcox plays to his potential.
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,893 Messages
    2,143 Likes Received
    Always like adding a lil nasty to the D!
    lane likes this.
  13. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Second time in his career he's been benched by Kiffin in favor of a rookie. At least it was a 3rd round rookie this time instead of a 4th round rookie.
  14. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I think Allen pulled up on that play because Carr was coming in from his left. Carr could have probably knocked the hell out of Smith but went at his ankles.
  15. 30yrheel

30yrheel Well-Known Member

2,561 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    Don't cry if he gets burned like a rookie.
  16. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,785 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
  17. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,892 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    Great! I look forward to seeing what he can do, hopefully we have finally drafted a starting quality S.
  18. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,638 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Well as someone who has been real critical of the position, I'm glad to see them give him a chance to play. There will be some breakdowns, but its not like we haven't seen them with Will, so I'm willing to chance it on youth with a some athleticism.

I do wonder who will have deep coverage more, seems like it would have to be Church but who knows once the game starts. One thing is true, JJ has more potential than anyone we have had at safety in quite some time so hopefully this will workout for the best since this position is basically the weakest on our D at the moment.

I do trust that this won't just be a minor move as JJ has alot more ability than Allen, and the difference will be readily seen.
  19. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,230 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    I like this so long as it is a move to improve a good defense and not a "the defense is screwed" so let's see what the rookie can do thing.
  20. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Im just ecstatic that coaches are actually putting young players in the games over veterans before it becomes a necessary move (ie Roy Williams over Austin)
    ufcrules1 and Carharris2 like this.