1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

It's official: Foles to start against the Skins

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Nov 12, 2012.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,096 Messages
    77 Likes Received

The Chiefs
    The Jags
  2. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,390 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    The places where careers go to die, along with the Browns and Raiders. Him ending up at any of those would be lovely.
  3. CowboysFanSince88

4,096 Messages
    77 Likes Received

Not if you have the skills to pay the bills;)
  4. KLJ

KLJ Member

253 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    i will be rooting for the eagles. F*** the skins and their rookie qb that their fans seem to think walks on water.
  5. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I would like to agree, but last year we beat the giants with Grossman, this year - not so much. But honestly, we are 0-8 in the last 8 games facing a rookie qb. I see Foles coming out and lighting up our secondary, and our Offense needing to make every possession count, something that hasn't happened the last few games.

Foles could be the spark Reid needs to get his team re-focused, plus he won't be throwing Vick's 4 picks or fumbles per game.
  6. CowboysFanSince88

4,096 Messages
    77 Likes Received

I will truly hate that organization until the day I die if they let a goofy *** rookie QB come in their house and have a good game. Especially when they have tape on him from last week.

And why the hell is Jim Haslett still employed if the skins are 0-8 against rookie QB;s?
  7. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    As I understand it, Haslett is gone at the end of the season. The 0-8 mark though goes back before Shanahan and company arrived. There are actually several Skins losing trends that this game combines into one:

-playing rookie qb
    -all experts pick the Skins
    -playing at Fedex (just recently broke an 8 game losing streak at home)
    -opponent is on a losing streak

The optimist in me wants to think we have to win these type of games at some point, but realistically I see Foles lighting us up, and us losing on some heart-breaking, or would be if my heart weren't so jaded, action by the Skins in the last 2 minutes.
  8. CowboysFanSince88

4,096 Messages
    77 Likes Received

The Philadelphia Daily News picked the Skins because they have the edge in the QB position and offensive line.

Both teams have weak defenses but when one team has the better QB you have to put your money on the skins
  9. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't want to count chickens before they hatch, but it looks like Washington is imposing it's will on the Eagles.

Three things:

1.) Foles is playing like a rookie; Griffin has not (infact, he hasn't all season).

2.) Brandon Merriweather seems to be what the Skins secondary has been missing all season. Now, I don't think this elevates their secondary to elite, but they are definitly better than before (better with him than withtut him) - atleast average now lol

3.) Get ready ready Cowboys fans :) Next weeks game will be competitive. It will be a good/close game. Next week you get to see our "running, injury prone and dink and dunk QB, from a first row seat ;)
  10. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

1,091 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Foles reminds me of Chad Hutchinson.
  11. CowboysFanSince88

4,096 Messages
    77 Likes Received

Hutchinson played well enough for us to beat the skins on Turkey Day in 2002 lol
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,685 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    so did clint longley

where did he go again?

Where did Chad go again?