1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I've got to address the Garrett hate...

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by myslamsareolder, May 18, 2014.

1. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,072 Messages
    2,075 Likes Received
    As far as not beating winning teams, it's called a trend with Garrett. You know, we still aren't beating winning teams.

And yes, you know fumbling may not be Garrett's fault, but putting his team in positions which surely increase the chance to fail are. I guess Wade didn't cause his guys to blow assignments.
  2. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

798 Messages
    468 Likes Received
    I do not like Garrett as a coach at any position in Dallas. He is incredibly predictable offensively. He has horrible game managing skills. I think he's potential in the long haul but, there's no turning an eye to what we've been seeing for years.
    cml750 and BoysFan4ever like this.
  3. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

997 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    While the GM has my attention much more than the HC, got this question:

List the current NFL head coaches Garrett is better than.
  4. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,719 Messages
    1,952 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  5. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    I was against keeping Garrett, but we've already made it this far with him, might as well give him 1 or 2 more years to see if he can right the ship.
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    No doubt he's boosting their "Like" count.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,074 Messages
    6,898 Likes Received
    He probably would, if they existed. I've yet to see anybody here happy with 8-8. Have you?

I see a lot of people who think there are significant problems in areas other than the head coach that have gotten in the way of more success in each of the last three NFCE title game-ending seasons. Then again, looking at our defensive output during that span, it doesn't exactly take a rocket surgeon to arrive at that particular conclusion.
  8. scooper

scooper Benched

150 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    I'm not even going to read this thread. Jason Garrett is a good young coach. Has he had some ups and downs? Sure! What good young coach hasn't? Don't hold him to a higher standard just because you're an angry fan. Remember he was in high demand before he took his job. There's a reason for that. He's a good coach.
  9. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,874 Messages
    1,298 Likes Received
    I wonder if those same teams would want him now? People didn't know what he was then.
    cml750, tantrix1969 and BoysFan4ever like this.
  10. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

960 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    That and also St. Louis, the team that was closest to hiring him backed out after the season ticket holders started bombarding them with calls not to hire the trainee
    cml750, khiladi and BoysFan4ever like this.
  11. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,382 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    I have a hard time understanding all the Garrett apologist. Blame the defense, blame Jerry, etc...... all while ignoring that Garrett is a moron when it comes to game and clock management. When the owner says you are training, it means you are training. The only people who take that quote out of context are the ones who try to read between the lines with their rose colored glasses.
  12. Idgit

31,074 Messages
    6,898 Likes Received
    We blame the defense because we're losing games on defense. It's really not very complicated.

And the context of the Jerry quote is explicit.
  13. PA Cowboy Fan

1,874 Messages
    1,298 Likes Received
    And who's fault is that? He's the coach.
    cml750 likes this.
  14. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,549 Messages
    948 Likes Received

This.... With a "pain" chaser
  15. Idgit

31,074 Messages
    6,898 Likes Received
    We've been over this, many times. Probably earlier in this very thread. Jason Garrett's responsible for the performance of the defense-apart from the unusual number of injuries--and that's a perfectly legitimate grounds for criticism.
  16. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,363 Messages
    1,846 Likes Received
    THE THREAD THAT
    WOULD NOT DIE!

Watch the horrible rebirth of a forgotten thread!
    Witness innocent posters drawn back within its insidious pages!
    Scream in terror as new posts re-ignite insanity!

Starring!

Reality!
    The unappreciated site owner who only wanted to bring Cowboys fans together!

WoodysGirl!
    The sexy moderator whom all posters adore!

AND!

Some idiot named DallasEast.

This movie is rated PG-13.
    (Some material may not be appropriate for posters under 13. And Roger Goodell.)

THE THREAD THAT
    WOULD NOT DIE!

Coming Soon!
    khiladi likes this.
  17. PA Cowboy Fan

1,874 Messages
    1,298 Likes Received
    The only way I want to see Garrett back is if this team actually improves on the field. The team has to quit beating themselves and Garrett needs to quit botching games. It's all great that the team is getting younger but if the play on the field remains the same then what good is it. At some point Garret has to be held responsible. 2 or 3 more years isn't going to make a difference if the team doesn't show improvement.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  18. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,009 Messages
    1,053 Likes Received
    When you're 8-8 for 3 years in a row and worse in the years before that, it's natural for ignorant fans to blame the coach or the QB. Both have contributed to those records, Romo mostly in a positive way. There's much more to the problem than just the head coach and or QB. But folks watch ESPN and believe everything they say there. I like the complaining, because it identifies those who understand football and those who don't.
  19. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,117 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    ESPN doesn't rail on Garrett nearly as bad as this board does.
    Idgit likes this.
  20. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,363 Messages
    1,846 Likes Received
    That is so true. Then again, it would not be practical for ESPN to devote full coverage on Garrett.. It is a 24 hour, 365 day sports entertainment network. Even if they went 100% Garrett all day every day, they won't fall short of CZ's efforts. This place is INCREDIBLE!